BSOD STOP: 0x1000008E and STOP 0x000000EA - dump analysis requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc2005

Hi-

I have a client with a desktop white box Windows XP Home SP2, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb ram.

Computer is spontaneously turning completely off, in addition has giving these BSODs enclosed in minidumps for the last few weeks.

I ran mem test and it passed, also no apparent disk errors.

I suspect may be faulty MB or PSU but before I go replacing parts am wondering if these dumps indiocate any particular driver, etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Dave

Attachments

• Mini042508-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 7
0x8E errors almost always point to hardware issues. Only three of your four minidumps were readable and all were 0x8E. One specifically cited memory corruption. Did you run Memtest for a minimum of 7 passes?

Also, it was notewd in your dumps that at least three different Nvidia Intel Graphics Miniport Drivers that belongsto the software Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Window were unable to load.

In addition, 0xEA errors are cuased by a device driver problem that has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

* Check to see if your video card is set properly and update your drivers as xxdanielxx suggests.

Thanks

Thanks so much.

The video is on board the MB, not a separate card. I will update the driver for that as well as the audio. Also will run mem test, and report results.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back