BSOD when installing catalyst control center

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreakzer0

My GPU was running extremly hot so I installed CCC so I can set the fan speed and now I got a BSOD i didnt get the dmp yet becuase bleh...I was stupid and didnt let it be created...anyway anybody have an idea of how I can fix this and keep my GPU cool?
Windows Vista 64 Ultimate
2x2 OCZ Reaper Ram
Core 2 Quad q9650 LGA 775
Radeon 4870

Well i don't want to uninstall it since i need it to control the temperature...it was running at 78+ before and i changed the speed but if i remove it im sure it will remove the fanspeed....

78 is acceptable for a decent graphics card ( radeon / fx or better ) if that is the temp while under stress ( While playing a game ) They are made to withstand the heat GPUs are alot tuffer than a normal CPU due to the performance needed to play most of the new games these days =)

Well my PC kept shutting itself down while in game...otherwise it was running fine so now its annoying...any suggestions? its just an immediate shut down no warning

Disabling the Automatic Restart option in Windows Vista

Click on Start and then Control Panel.
Click on the System and Maintenance link.
Click on the System link.
In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
Click OK in the System Properties window.
You can now close the System window.

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary.

I removed CCC since that was the known cause of a BSOD BUT!!! my system would shut down as if someone pulled the plug while in game and i just believed it might be caused by my video card being too hot since my room generally does get hot combined with the already hot temp of the 4870 i figured would cause the sudden shut down i didnt get a BSOD when that occured

Just checking but CCC requires that you have Microsoft's .Net Framework 2.0 installed first. Was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back