TechSpot

Can Not Install Direct X 9.0C

By Coda22
Nov 13, 2008
  1. I have a brand new Asus G50V laptop with all my games installed on it. I am having some trouble installing CIV IV. So I contacted their support and they said to download the file here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Now when I do this I go through the first steps - I go to install and it says initializing. Then a window pops up that says: "Setup could not download the file. Please try again later or check network connection." then installation failed.

I have no issues with any of my other games: Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, F.E.A.R., Battfield 2, etc.

Any ideas?

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi

The file requires an active internet connection, if your not connected to the web then it wont download.

Do a google on DX 9.0 and find the full file, its about 25mb or so i think, download that and then install that file.

Oh yeah you have to have a genuine windows version if yours is a copy or cracked it wont work either.

3. Coda22

Coda22 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well of course I'm connected to the internet. LOL!

Brand new laptop, so windows is legit.

I got it to download actually. I'm installing all my games on here and when I put COD 4 in under extras was the download for DX 9C. I have DX 10 but I didn't realize it isn't backwards compatible.

Thanks for your input though, I appreciate it.

4. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

Hi

Glad its sorted then, i mentioned the net because there are still people in the world who Dial Up or use ADSL that can be turned off, such as AOL.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.