Can Someone Tell Me How Much My PC is Worth?

Mainboard : MSI K9N Platinum (MS-7250)
Chipset : nVidia nForce 570 SLI
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3000 MHz
Physical Memory : Corsair 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 3870 512mb PCI-E
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N ATA Device
DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H66N SCSI CdRom Device
Monitor Type : LG Electronics L1718S - 17 inches
Harddrive: Maxtor 500gb
Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Black Edition 2009 Professional 6.00.6001 Service Pack 1

i'm selling my pc and need to know how much it's worth, can anyone tell me how much all this is worth in £'s please,it's got a casing, a mouse and keyboard, both wired and mouse is optical. if there's anything else ya need to know, let me know and i'll find out.
Thank you

I would probably say closer to 400 seeing as how it's got a monitor, 500gb hard drive, and a 3000mhz front side bus... also it's a decent graphics card... but the 2gb of ram brings the whole value down... Right now, used, I would give it a value of about 400. If you have the 64bit of vista though, I would recommend upgrading to 4gb of ram, then it would be worth probably around 550 or even 600...

A Pint is a Pound the World Around

I would probably say closer to 400 seeing as how it's got a monitor, 500gb hard drive, and a 3000mhz front side bus... also it's a decent graphics card... but the 2gb of ram brings the whole value down... Right now, used, I would give it a value of about 400. If you have the 64bit of vista though, I would recommend upgrading to 4gb of ram, then it would be worth probably around 550 or even 600...
You do realize that they're speaking in English Pounds, don't you? At the current exchange rate, that would make that computer worth $900.00 USD @ your highest estimate. The UK's prices are higher than ours, with the VAT on new equipment, but still, $900.00 used?
Also. I find it inexplicable that you think adding $50.00 worth of RAM would raise the value up to possibly as much as 200.00 (whichever monetary unit you're using), which is actually $300.00 in USD..

A used 17" monitor really isn't that much of a selling point, with brand new 22" inchers frequently on sale at about $150.00 (USD), or thereabouts. And yes, I know I'm speaking to our US shopping environment with that estimate..

Not to mention the thread is almost 2 months old.

Back