Can this run Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDLD

When I click on the 'optimize' settings option, everything is set to 'High' w/ 1768x992 reso with 4x AA.

Here are my specs:

Intel Core Extreme CPU X9000 @2.80 GHz

4 GB RAM

Vista 32 bit

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 1279 MB

(My laptop is an Area 51 m17x Alienware.)

So, even tho i get the recommendation that everything be on 'High', the game is choppy and everything.

Halp!

lol, well, its a laptop, first issue. Dont expect high settings completely smooth on that thing, even with the really expensive hardware you just got. What you're experiencing is normal. Crysis is a very demanding game, turn down the settings and enjoy.

Son of a bee sting!

Is there a specific reason though?

Strangely, I remember when I first played it, things were fine. Not ultra high settings. Normal, but fine. But now, I have to turn things low to run it. But my PC is fine - no virus, nothing.

I know it's not gona be spectacular on a laptop though. But, wouldn't that hardware make a difference?D:

hardware makes a huge difference, mind you that the vga is downclocked to compensate for it being a mobile card. Heat issues are another thing. What about background programs that may be running. You're using vista 32 bit with 4 gigs when 32 bit os can support about 3.5Gigs at most, I've seen as low as 2.93 being used on 4gb installed kits.

^You do not need to ***** about having a low-end PC. That is what you choose to have, we cannot do anything about it. Refrain from posting unless you have anything useful to contribute.

@LDLD, Crysis is a poorly-optimized game that cannot be run well on any PC, no matter how powerful it is. Also, you drop in performance is attributable to GPU and CPU downclocking, which occurs to prevent overheating. Purchase a laptop cooler to ensure maximum performance at all times. As for your hardware, it will rip through any game besides Crysis. So as supersmashbrada said, turn down the settings (AA especially, the performance hit is very large) and enjoy. :)

crysis is not a demanding game lol, i can play the game for hours and my card never hits 40c, not only that, i can run it at 1280x1024 medium to low and still reach 25fps, maybe more. The game is not demanding, so people need to quit saying lol. And this is from someone who is using 90watts of psu.

OMG, ARE YOU SERIOUS. I've read through numerous articles on the architecture of the game. Just because your card doesnt hit 40C means nothing, frankly, any card you can muster up on your pci setup wont do anything anyway, you may as well play pong. I think this is the post where we can all agree where you are truely misinformed. While they're are hundreds, and hundreds of articles on the web, using crysis as the benchmark for video cards. Because, it is SO demanding. You need to go back in your corner and keep smoking your pci cards, or maybe stop, its frying your post here.

Im just curious, what ever happened to those youtube videos you put up showing crysis on your system running at 4fps?

Im just curious, what ever happened to those youtube videos you put up showing crysis on your system running at 4fps?

Some of them was at 4-7fps(thats when using fraps tho) because i was recording at 1280x1024 medium to low settings or low to medium. Also my computer was bottleneck at that time, so i remove them so i can record at a better framerate since my computer is bottleneck free right now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/u2konline

Only have 5 other videos up right now, i will add crysis when i get my 8400gs in a few days :)

So, I'm running it at 1920x1280 (Not sure exactly on the numbers but it's the highest reso available). Before I had it at 1768x992. I just took AA off.

Now, with everything on either High or Medium, under those two resos and anything in between, the game runs fine. I had a virus scanner in the background so it was a bit choppy but earlier it was perfect. No slowdown/choppiness. It looks amazing. I wonder how much better it would look w/ AA on...

Yes there are options like the ASUS XG Station and MSI Luxium, but you cannot use the laptop screen for those and will need to hook up an external screen to the card. Not worth it IMO.

I hook my laptop to my TV. (HDMI ports)

So it wouldn't be an issue right? I basically want to add to the power/whatever of my existing graphics card.

It will not be possible to "add" the power of your current card to the output. You either use the external card, or the one in your laptop. And FYI, it will be more cost-effective to buy/build a desktop to use with your HDTV than buying an external card solution for your laptop and using that.

Ok^^ Thanks for all the feedback btw

Side-question. When I set my resolution to 19xxX1280 I have to constantly resize my desktop to have it fit the screen.

So when I go into Left 4 Dead, the video is too big for the screen. Is the resolution max too big for the screen? It's an HDTV 52 inch.

I get a lag when they talk with the demo with this game, they talk but it's out of sync with lips when they speak. I got integrated sound Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec, on my PC's manufacturer site the drivers are old and cannot find up to date ones. Playing the games fine except for this problem, any get that also ?

Ok^^ Thanks for all the feedback btw

Side-question. When I set my resolution to 19xxX1280 I have to constantly resize my desktop to have it fit the screen.

So when I go into Left 4 Dead, the video is too big for the screen. Is the resolution max too big for the screen? It's an HDTV 52 inch.

is is 1080p? I'm sure your card can handle that res, That resolution is way too high for your monitor. You shouldnt set it higher than the resolution you have set through your os.

I get a lag when they talk with the demo with this game, they talk but it's out of sync with lips when they speak. I got integrated sound Sigmatel High Definition Audio Codec, on my PC's manufacturer site the drivers are old and cannot find up to date ones. Playing the games fine except for this problem, any get that also ?

Like you said, your drivers cant be updates. I doubt you solve the issue. The game wasnt made for a 6 year old set of components.

is is 1080p? I'm sure your card can handle that res, That resolution is way too high for your monitor. You shouldnt set it higher than the resolution you have set through your os.

It's a laptop so I'd have to go through the OS or something? I use my HDTV as a monitor. It's 52 Inch I think or bigger.

the higest res you can have in the game w/o causing issues is the highest resolution you can get out of the time, not tomention the max res your video card can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back