Helping a computer illiterate friend recover his PC from viruses (blind leading the blind). At first it wouldn't load windows but I ran a battery of removers and now the only issue is that all search engines cannot be accessed. What is strange is if I physically disconnect the line and reconnect I can access them, however resetting through ipconfig doesn't work. I ran Malwarebytes, sypbot, adware, nod32, AVG, hijackthis and Combofix. Also scanned with RKUnhooker but got to afraid to touch anything. Unfortunately time is not with me, I have logs of Malwarebytes, Gmer,DDS,Hijackthis and Combofix. With Combofix it stated AVG scanner is present even though I uninstalled it and used AppRemover but still shows the alert; however it seemed like it ran fine. Thank you tremendously in advance for your time and patience. As I write this post I am heading out to work, will be back in 6 hours.