Can't get GT 635M to run my Steam games

LambofGod

I bought a Lenovo z580 laptop with a dedicated Nvidia GT 635m./w windows 8

Every time I open a game,Steam makes me aware that it is running off of the i5's built in HD 4000 graphics.
I have went to the Nvidia control panel on my graphics card to run when a game is open just to get the same result - Graphics are still running off the i5's HD 4000.

Why is it so difficult what is making it such a pain in the arse to simply use a built in device for what it's supposed to do.

I also have checked and all updates on graphics card are up to date.

The problem probably lies within your BIOS rather then Nvidia settings. You may have to disable the Intel HD 4000 graphics in BIOS to enable the dedicated GT 635.

The problem probably lies within your BIOS rather then Nvidia settings. You may have to disable the Intel HD 4000 graphics in BIOS to enable the dedicated GT 635.
This will come at the cost of battery life though. Try updating to 310.97 drivers

On my room mates laptop you can right click on a programs icon and pick which graphics will be used (assuming you have administrator privileges), idk if doing this with steam will make any steam launched game run on the nvidia card, or if your gonna have to go into the games directory and set that on the actual .exe.

Back