CiD Adverts - can anyone help????!

By laura_ketley
Sep 24, 2007
  1. Hey, I've just started getting these CiD adverts for about the past week, and obviously they are irritating the hell outta me.
    I've got pop-up blocker at its highest level so that even Hotmail pop-ups aren't allowed, but this makes no difference.
    I've run the following programmes:

AVG anti-virus,
    AVG anti-rootkit
    Spybot search and destroy
    Multi virus cleaner

All of these have come up with nothing and haven't helped the problem.

Any advice?

Thanks guys!

here is my hijackthis logfile by the way, thought i'd make life a little easier for you guys!
    Thanks in advance!
  2. laura_ketley

laura_ketley TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey, the problem is getting worse, my computer is now slowing down almost to a halt - I'm really freaking out! Could anyone help, please? I can't afford to get someone to take a look at it so this is my only option!
  3. k.jacko

k.jacko TS Rookie Posts: 493

do you have messenger 3 plus installed by any chance?
  4. laura_ketley

Thanks for replying, i really appreciate it! No, I don't think so, I have MSN messenger but haven't done an upgrade or installing anything along the lines of that for about a year. I did a search on my computer for messenger 3 plus too and it came up blank.
    I've noticed a lot of posts about these pop-up adverts - for me it started the exact day that MSN changed all of its website and hotmail formatting - has anyone else noticed that? Do you think something could have come in through there?
    Thanks again,
  5. laura_ketley

hey again, scratch that, my sister has just owned up to installing a new update of MSN because the old version wouldn't let her log in on my computer or something...
    Is there any way I can get rid of this thing?
    Thanks again!
  6. laura_ketley

no need for anyone to reply - solved the problem now!! :D
  7. k.jacko

k.jacko TS Rookie Posts: 493

err.....glad we could help! :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.