CiD Adverts - can anyone help????!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura_ketley

Hey, I've just started getting these CiD adverts for about the past week, and obviously they are irritating the hell outta me.
I've got pop-up blocker at its highest level so that even Hotmail pop-ups aren't allowed, but this makes no difference.
I've run the following programmes:

AVG anti-virus,
AVG anti-rootkit
Adaware
Spybot search and destroy
Multi virus cleaner
CCleaner

All of these have come up with nothing and haven't helped the problem.

Any advice?

Thanks guys!

x

here is my hijackthis logfile by the way, thought i'd make life a little easier for you guys!
Thanks in advance!

Hey, the problem is getting worse, my computer is now slowing down almost to a halt - I'm really freaking out! Could anyone help, please? I can't afford to get someone to take a look at it so this is my only option!
Please??

Thanks for replying, i really appreciate it! No, I don't think so, I have MSN messenger but haven't done an upgrade or installing anything along the lines of that for about a year. I did a search on my computer for messenger 3 plus too and it came up blank.
I've noticed a lot of posts about these pop-up adverts - for me it started the exact day that MSN changed all of its website and hotmail formatting - has anyone else noticed that? Do you think something could have come in through there?
Thanks again,
Laura

hey again, scratch that, my sister has just owned up to installing a new update of MSN because the old version wouldn't let her log in on my computer or something...
Is there any way I can get rid of this thing?
Thanks again!
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back