Inactive Hsrd.yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

macx

Seems a lot of people are having problems with this redirect.

I'm using Win 7 with the latest Firefox and a number of security and privacy ad ons.
Also Zone Alarm free firewall, AdAware free anti virus, CCleaner, MalwareBytes paid,
Spybot S&D. Have repeatedly scanned using all of these and nothing found.

I've read that it's some kind of malware.

Anybody know how to stop it?

What happens is that when I try to do the "Read More" on a Yahoo news article,
it won't connect to the rest of the article. Have temporary "allowed" all the things
on the NoScript drop down and tried opening in a new tab. No luck.

Very frustrating. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to stop or get rid of it?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=============================

Did you try different browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back