[Closed] What is Yontoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this yontoo layers thing?? I want to uninstall it, but because I don't know what it is and how I downloaded it I am a little afraid. Is it something important? and can I remove it???

It's adware...want to get rid of it?

Adware Cleaning

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Warning! Once the scan is complete JRT will shut down your browser with NO warning.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Temporarily disable your antivirus and any antispyware real time protection before performing a scan. Click this link to see a list of security programs that should be disabled and how to disable them.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click JRT and select Run as Administrator
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Copy and Paste the JRT.txt log into your next message.

Whoa, isn't there a way I can remove it without having to install all those other programs? As I mentioned my computer is really slow :eek:

I found some removal instructions here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic294912.html They are recommending Revo uninstaller so now I have to decide between this AdwCleaner and the revo uninstaller. I should say that the one you suggest is more known to me (not sure from where), but the other one did the job for that guy from the forum. So I'll see.

Oh and as for the infection itself here is what I managed to find as information: http://www.americanpendulum.com/en/2012/11/01/remove-yontoo-layers-client/
It says that it can even modify my facebook page O.O And thats where all those advertisements came from :D
thanks for your time, dragonmasterjay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back