AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are typically bundled with free programs that you download from the web. In many cases when you download and install a program, the install will state that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. Unless you perform a Custom install, these unwanted programs will automatically be installed on your computer leaving you with extra browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to search for and remove these types of programs.
- Scan and manage Preinstalled software. For more informations, see https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2019/06/your-device,-your-choice:-adwcleaner-now-detects-preinstalled-software/
- New detection glossary available during scan results.
- Create a system restore point whenever a preinstalled software is detected.
- Add an informative message explaining what is a preinstalled software.
- Support HTTP/2 for all HTTP requests.
- Use Windows 10 styled titlebar.
- Increase the UI dimensions.
- Update translations.
- Update telemetry endpoint.
- Update to Qt 5.9.8.
- Update to libsodium 1.0.18
- Definitions 2019.07.22.1
- Fix survey not closing from the X button .
- Various UI optimizations
Apps similar to AdwCleaner 4
Malwarebytes protects you against malware, ransomware, and other advanced online threats that have made antivirus obsolete and ineffective.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Mobile guards your identity and personal data on-the-go. So you and your Android smartphone or tablet are safe from malware and unauthorized surveillance. Wherever you are. Whenever you go.
Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit protects against all known and unknown 0-day vulnerability exploits, protecting users where traditional antivirus and security products fail.