Computer stuttering - logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

slomojim

Hi , Hoping you can Help.

My laptop was taking forever to boot up and locking up in IE after booting. After running the preliminary removal tools it now runs better but, for lack of a better word, it stutters. It will load a page fairly quickly but the page is frozen, then it comes to life and seems to be okay only to refreeze when I change pages. Updated to IE 7 - no help, ran the preliminary tools - some help. Still takes an inordinate amount of time to boot but stutters. Reran combofix because I couldn't find the original log. Logs attached. Panda Antiroot found nothing. Could you take a look for me. Thanks much

SlomoJim

first you forgot to rename hijackthis to crusty

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Crusty.exe\HijackThis.exe

Right now I did not see anything bad on your logs post a fresh log once you rename it also can you list your specs for the computer CPU RAM HDD

New log

Thanks for your help.

I have a HP running an Intel duo core T2300 (1.66 ghz, 2mb L2 cache, 667 mhz FSB), 512 Mb Ram and dual 80GB HD's. New log is attached.

If you think I got rid of all the nastys is there anything else that is a real resource hog that you think I could/should get rid of?

SlomoJim

well if you want to make your computer run faster I would say to get rid of norton it eats up alot of resource below is the norton removal run it then install avair from the link below then go to start>run and type msconfig then click on startup and uncheck all of the item listed below then reboot.

Norton Removal:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Avira:
http://www.free-av.com/download/red...2935.html?part=dl-10322935&subj=dl&tag=button

Startup:
HP Software Update
GPClientMonitor
GPDownloadManager
QPService
updateMgr
HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start
Adobe Reader Speed Launch
hp psc 2000 Series
hpoddt01.exe

Now download the attach file double click to merge the file with the registry click yes then ok then reboot

XXDANIELXX,

Thanks for the continued help, I am writing this from a much improved laptop. Removing the 9 programs at start-up and tune-up program have stopped the stuttering. Don't know which one helped the most as I did both at the same time.
What I haven't done yet is remove Norton, You recommended replacing it with Avira which I'm game to try but I use Norton as my firewall as well. I didn't see a firewall in the download you recommended. Is there a firewall you would recommend to replace Norton or is the windows default sufficent? Thanks for giving me back my lap top.

Slomojim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back