Computer Will Not Start!!!!zomg Confusion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built a brand new comp. everything is hooked up right...but then when i go to plug in the power supply into the motherboard and i turn on the power supply the motherboard makes a barely aduible squeaking noise that wont shut up ant the comp wont turn on...plz help...here are the specs that might be helpful in finding mah problem... thx
asus k8v se deluxe motherboard
amd +3000 cpu
420wt atx power supply

The squeaking noise I have heard before on a few pcs, i think it is something to do with the switch-mode circuitry on the motherboard, does the hard disk turn on at all??

remove everything except MB, memory, graphics card (if no internal video) and power supply

retry

Make sure stand-offs are properly emplaced and protected from grounding out (use the cardboard washers that came with the MB), most newer motherboards have grounding out built in and therefore washers aren't required.

well i will try teh was0rs but about this moth0r b0ard swich?_? tell me more.umm and oh yeah i did remove everthing (basick troublesh00tin!) and it still no work... >_< oh yes and the hd deosnt turn t'all...one more thin once i unplugged teh power supply plugged back in and fan light turned on for a sec...did this few times it did

please no need to try and avoid site links. It's too hard to read....

If you still got problems either your power supply is fried or your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back