Computer wont boot after overclock attempt

By Alster37
Jul 17, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. so I was overclocking my amd x4 630 and managed a stable 3.6ghz with a fsb of
    260 and a voltage of 1.55 i think. then Idecide to push for 3.8ghz (wrong idea) and pushed the fsb to 271 with Vcore of 1.60v.Then my pc goes into constant restart.
    I did what I usually do when this happens, take the battery out then wait and put it back in again. Now my pc boots but "freezes" on the gigabyte startup screen. I cant press anything as the usb sockets dont work at all. Maybe it was a coincidence as I was going to replace my motherboard anyway, but I dont have enough for the 890fx board I want.

Anyone help me fix my pc?

2. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 216

Which motherboard is it? Have you checked at the manufacturer website for reset pins with a removable bridge or clip or other reset device? Otherwise a removal of memory and cpu, then simple restart/reboot with a Windows XP Pro disk.
  3. Kcircyrd

Kcircyrd TS Rookie Posts: 216

Or a CMOS battery removal. Wait 11 minutes and reinstal?
  4. Frank Smith

Frank Smith TS Rookie Posts: 75

when booting use F2 (normal bios setup) move the Bios setting back to DAFAULT or FailSafe.
    use F10 to save and exit...
  5. Alster37

Alster37 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 290

problem solved. turned out to be the ram, becuause it was still using the 3.33 multiplier i set it to when I was overclocking so that it woulsnt run too fast. when the battery was removed the lower multiplier meant that it was running at 667mhz , causing improper booting.

thanks for your help :approve: