Constant BSOD when playing games

Xander15

Hey guys, I'm currently new here and I found these forums on google. Tried searching for solutions there but I'm not having any luck. I'm getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for almost a month now. Its been constantly crashing when playing some graphic demanding games like GTA V, ARMAII, and Hitman: Absolution. I'm using Windows 7 and here are my specs:

Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT Mainboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU
Corsair 4gb DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Graphics Card

Here are some solutions I've tried so far but didnt work:
I've updated my graphics card drivers and windows updates
Tried reinstalling Windows 7
Tried installing Windows 10 but a Red Screen occurs instead

I've also attached my recent minidump in the files. I might update it if my pc crashed again.
I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
Minidump says little than it crashed. You said "Tried installing Windows 10 but a Red Screen occurs instead." Since this was in the initial stages of installing current OS, it is likely to be hardware.

Check installation of video card - make sure all power connectors are properly connected and to sufficient power supply.

If you still have issues, please provide specifics about video card (model/version) and PSU (model & number of 6 pin and 8 pin connectors).

I've tried replacing my video card with an ASUS EAH5670 series but the crash still occurs. I'm getting different types of blue screen now. I added my new crash dumps in case they might help to figure out whats the cause of the problem.

I'll take a look at my Power Supply next thing in the morning. Thanks

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    132.9 KB · Views: 1
Minidups do not tell me much - maybe someone else can see something. Usually if Windows system files like ntoskrnl are involved, it is hardware problem, not software.

Unknown:
- was Win7 reinstalled successfully?
- how old is machine?
- when was it last cleaned?
- when was thermal paste last renewed?
- are all connections reconnected firmly?

Run thru what we know:
- it used to work fine
- it started crashing about a month ago in high activity use and this is getting worse
- not video card as it still crashed with another one in place

I was hoping that the video card swap would have stopped the crashes.

Does it always crash in the same place in a program OR does it crash after a certain amount of time in use or when temperature of components rise?

If the latter, please track temps (use something like https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5245-hwinfo64.html )

Yes, the installation was a success both Windows 7 and 10. The computer was built a couple of months ago(maybe 5-6) and it was sent to me last month. All connections are fine, I tried reseating components inside like ram, video card, hdds, and tried resetting the CMOS batt.

My pc always crashes a few minutes after playing newer HD games. And sometimes it just randomly freezes and crashes to bluescreen when I surf the internet or when I use my pc for copying files, etc. I really don't know whats causing the crash and I'm quite confused.

The red screen in Windows 10 sounded really odd so I had a quick look to see what came up on Google. It is related to overclocking the CPU, the graphics card or both so check in the BIOS. If the computer has any overclocked settings roll them back.

None of them are overclocked. Everything are on default settings. But I also tried to overclock my graphics card to see if it fixes the problem but sadly no, it didn't do anything to help.

Okay I'll give that out a try. I'm using a 64 bit Windows 7 right now. Will the program still work?

I've run the test for a while. It says Pass Complete and there are No Errors. But the test only took 1 and half hour.

Run it so it repeats - a good test is at least 7 full passes at most in depth setting - should take close to 10 hours. We are looking for something which only pops up once and a while.

You are running demanding HD games and for 64 bit Windows 4Gb ram is pretty minimal. On the other hand it crashes occasionally when doing basic tasks so maybe the ram isn't 100%.

I've run the test overnight and next thing in the morning, my PC has shut down. I don't know if it automatically turned off after the test or a crash might have occurred which caused it to turn off.

I hope you were running it in continuous loop mode - and if so then it crashed.

You ran the self-booting version? Then it is not software or drivers, but crash cause is limited to CPU, motherboard and RAM

If running MemTest86 on a UEFI motherboard from USB then look for file on a USB flash drive (MemTest86.log) which is automatically created and updated while MemTest86 is running. This file is saved in the 'EFI/BOOT' directory in the USB drive's first partition. A log file is not generated when booting MemTest86 from a CD; so since it crashed please use a USB flash drive instead and run it again.

Okay, I used a Flash Drive when I ran the test. I will take a look at that.

And yeah, I forgot to mention before that my PC also randomly restarts when playing. Its like something from my hardware is causing this.

By far I think its either my PSU or RAM. Not sure with my video card since I changed it but it still crashes.

Back