TechSpot

Cooler Master launches its new flagship HAF X chassis

By Matthew
May 27, 2010
  1. Cooler Master has launched a new flagship HAF chassis, which was first unveiled at CES 2010 and is aimed at enthusiasts, gamers and overclockers. As its name denotes, the HAF X (high airflow) pumps some serious wind with front-mounted 230mm fan, as well as 200mm top and 140mm rear fans. If that's not enough ventilation, you can also install a 200mm side fan and a VGA fan.

Read the whole story

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

The HAF X is NOT replacing my HAF 932

3. whiteandnerdy

whiteandnerdy TS Member Posts: 71

nice case. i like that it has usb 3.0 ports in the front

4. Reloader2

Reloader2 TS Rookie Posts: 66

Love at first sight.

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,565   +333

We are reviewing the new HAF X soon, so watch out for that. I'm running a 932 on my workstation, sweet inexpensive case.

6. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

wheres the acrylic version???

7. BMfan

BMfan TS Guru Posts: 481   +49

Can't wait to read your guy's review,i have read a few and it all seems very good so far.
    I bought my HAF 932 after reading the review on here.

8. I am a proud HAF932 owner and for the $130 I spent on a Full Tower that cools so well I could never have wanted something better. The only thing Cooler Master needed to do was decrease the dam 5.25" bays to say 3-4 and have about 7-9 Hard Drive bays instead. I like the new idea with those SATA trays for the 5.25" bays and I know if they become available for purchase there will be at least 3 or 4 put in my HAF932 to fix the mistake of only 5 Hard Drive bays. My motherboard has 9 internal SATA ports how am I supposed to fit the drives with 5 bays !!!!!!!!!!???????????

Case looks sick and is built well for air cooling and water cooling users which is always a plus if you plan on moving to water in your future. Don't think it will be replacing my 932 since it is basically the same thing with some different fan space designs.

9. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,902   +713

The added filters are a definite plus. Pity CM couldn't stretch to fitting a floor mounted filter as Corsair have done with the 700D/800D.
    The PSU cable cover accessory looks like a nice simple idea. Could also be adapted easily to hide a reservoir and pump as well for the watercooler crowd.

10. HaMsTeYr

HaMsTeYr TS Maniac Posts: 388

probably still going for the 690 II Advanced... >_>

11. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Now I have small case and lately I've been really drooling over some cases. After the neowin newletter I got not too long ago, I think I've found what I've been looking for. Seriously, no one takes cooling seriously until they finally experience the issues of insufficient cooling. I think for anyone's case(yes pun), this is their case.

12. Punkid

Punkid TS Maniac Posts: 546

i dont like the look of CM's HAF series....theyre sexy from the inside but look ugly from the outsite....their smaller cases like the CM Elite 333 are much better looking

13. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

I still can't understand why they don't build the HAFs out of aluminium, instead of steel. That would help knock temps down even further.

14. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,902   +713

...and add about 50% to the price.
    CM pretty much got that covered with the ATCS 840, likewise Silverstone's TJ07 and pretty much anything Lian Li.

15. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 637   +124

I'd pay that extra 50%. Especially for a HAF 932, or something as good and roomy made fully of aluminium.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.