Corrupt System Files, unable to repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellic

I've been getting some BSODs recently on this Vista Ultimate x64 system, including "Bad_pool_caller" and "Memory_management" ones. Memtest came up with no errors, but when I ran sfc /scannow, I got this message:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"

I've uploaded the BSOD minidumps, but the 31 MB CBS.log from C:\Windows\Logs\CBS is much too large to upload. Are there any things I should look for in the log?

Is there any way to fix these corrupt files? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
CPU: Intel Duo E8400
RAM: Corsair XMS2 4GB DDR2 800
Mobo: ASUS Rampage Formula
Graphics: x2 Radeon 4870
Storage: x1 Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB
PSU: Corsair 750W

Edit: Just got another BSOD while posting. This is was titled "PFN_list_corrupt". Please help!

Attachments

• Mini081108-01.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
Save your data to DVD's and run a full reinstall. We cannot read your logs in their current format.

I used x64 Vista when it first came out and got those 2 errors alot. It was caused by the motherboard drivers. I had an nForce 4 board and the errors went away as soon as Nvidia came out with a new set of drivers. Are you using the newest drivers from Nvidias web site? Also make sure your motherboard is running the memory at the right settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back