Deleted Drivers (Intel Pro)

Hi,

While trying to reinstall my Intel ProSet wireless drivers, I accidentally deleted my Intel Pro network drivers. I can't find an "undelete" function in Add/Remove Programs and am wondering if "sfc /scannow" will fix this. Also, I don't have any of my original install disks. Figures....

Please advise on this -- I don't want to completely hose my access with no network or wireless access.

Thankssssss!

Judy

We would need to know more about the equipment to comment. Can you give us some brands, models numbers, configuration, and age of equipment... and how you connect?

Sorry about that, Ray. I have a Toshiba Portege M200 running XP sp3. The machine itself is about 5 years old and is a touchscreen. I can't connect to the Internet via my network connection (n/a here), but I have another machine that is working okay (via wireless) for Internet access. Any other questions, just let me know.

I think easiest solution can be to restore system to date prior to this issue (i.e. if you have system restore point before this event happened).

You can access system restore by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools. A dialog box will appear giving you choices:

1. Restore System to an earlier date
2. Create a Restore Point

Choose the 1st option, and restore the system to most recent restore point where you believe these drivers were available.

Thanks so much -- I tried the System Restore and it worked like a charm! It even fixed the original problem I was having my my wireless connection!

Forever grateful... ;-)

Back