TechSpot

Dell Dimension 4600i Overclocking

By DjKraid
Aug 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! I just got a old Dell computer....and to behonest i dont know what computer it is...i used googel to c if I could find anything about it but the only thing I found was some othe Dell Dimension 4600 specs....

here are my Dells specs

Processor: P4 @ 3.4GHz
    RAM: 1024Mb, 400MHz, PC3200 (2x 512Mb, and i still have 2 empty slots)
    HDD: 250Gb SATA
    Graphics Controller: GeForce FX 5200, 128Mb, AGP

So what computer do have? -the dxdiag says that it's a dell dimension 4600 but i don't know...

And is it possible to overklock it???
  2. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

You will not be able to overclock your Dell computer; they are not made to be overclocked, and have zero features that will allow you to overclock them. And googel should only be used in an intimate situation between consenting adults rather than alone.
  3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

If you want to improve the performance of that machine, max out the memory with regular memory which is NOT value ram. Any thing else that you do will require upgrading to a 450 watt quality power supply. Then you could upgrade to a 256 MB video graphics card of quality.
    You have a good configuration with what you have. The 4600 is a nice little computer better than many Dells made since, even though it was fairly low priced when issued.
    As others have said, overclocking is out of the question with that motherboard.
  4. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 631   +14

ok! thx 4 your time! :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.