Dell Inspiron 1545

Please help. I've got a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 on it. Almost everytime I use it settings and things have been changed even though it stays locked in my office which is in my garage and noone but myself has a key. Also, I'm often redirected when online yet I've run McAfee, Advanced Systems Care 5 as well as Microsofts latest antimalware program and all that is ever found are cookies. I've attached a Hijackthis log in hopes that someone could help me with this. Please advise. Thank you.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    14.2 KB · Views: 2
Don't see anything alarming in the HiJackThis log.
I would attempt a test install with a new or borrowed hard drive, then making sure all Dell drivers are installed, and then run Windows update or Microsoft update a few times to be sure all updates are downloaded and installed.

Then if the problem remains the same, you ought to have a certified tech who knows Dell take a look at it. It it works properly with the test drive, you know what to do next.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look it over and reply. I really appreciate that. I'll follow through with your suggestions and hope for the best. Thanks again!

For malware help from one of our experts, follow the 5 steps provided HERE. Create a new thread in the Malware removal forum. Be sure you PASTE all your logs (do not attach them)

Back