TechSpot

Diamond AMD Radeon HD 6970 driver failure

By mcmurphy12
Feb 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hey everybody.

So, I helped my buddy build a computer the other day, and we are now experiencing problems with his graphics card. The screen will go black or white for a minute, and when the screen returns to normal, there is a message that says the driver has failed and successfully recovered. This happens when we are doing the simplest of things like opening Internet Explorer or the Catalyst Control Center. We have updated the drivers to the current version. We have visited the AMD troubleshoot page and done most of the things on there. The system specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7-2700K
    Asus Sabertooth Motherboard
    8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws
    750 Watt Corsair Power Supply

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 642   +118

Do you have another computer you can slap that card in and test it to see if the same thing happens?

3. mcmurphy12

mcmurphy12 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 93

I totally forgot about this thread. Oops!

Anyway, I did put the card in my system and the same thing happened. I also put my card in his system, and it worked fine, so we pronounced his card dead.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.