TechSpot

Different BSOD's, can't pinpoint the specific problem

By HOUDINl
Jun 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. So I've been having Issues with my system lately, blue screens never seem far away these days, I've bundled up a few minidumps in a .zip. All help is welcome altough you should keep in mind I have already ran tests on my graphic card memory and my RAM memory (memtest86 & VMT)I've done countless other stuff too obscure (and probably retarded) to mention.

BSOD's always seem to happen for some different reason but usually it's during gaming (mostly arma 2 but it happens on every game).

I wish I had some experience because I think the answer is in these dumps, If anyone is sure they found the issue I'd love to know the thoughtprocess behind it.

*edit: English is not my first language, forgive my typo's :D

Regards, Jonathan

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Okay Jonathan,
    could be a video card driver issue. Test the hard drive first by going to Computer. Right-click on the C drive. Select, Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

3. HOUDINl

HOUDINl TS Rookie Topic Starter

First of all: thanks for the reply!

I had done a chkdsk before, it didn't give any errors when I checked it in event viewer, I did another one and it's clean aswell, maybe it's worth mentioning It's a 60gb SSD.

I also did a memtest86 on each ram stick seperatly, one had errors, I replaced both but the BSODs remain.
    I had two more since I replaced the ram and I'll add the dumps to this post.

I'm honestly really lost here, I've never had so many different BSOD's, at random moments for random reasons. I really thought I found it when I saw the memtest errors.

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Okay,
    SSD's are very different than mechanical drives when it comes to error checking. Chkdsk is intended for mechanical drives. The BSOD's are still pointing to memory issues