Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

Network Configuration

PC -> Router -> Modem -> Internet.

System Configuration

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2666 MHz
Mainboard : Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Network Card : RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7600 (x64)

During normal internet browsing, Games, Downloading... My connection seems to time out and or disconnect. My router is a Linksys WRT54GL with DDWRT flashed onto it. I was trying to pinpoint my problems and it seems that my router is not the problem. All other computers in my home run fine and do not experience the time out / disconnect. However the odd thing is that it will reconnect fairly quickly on its own. I am sensing that i have a driver problem so I reinstalled the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard. No luck, so I searched for the newest drivers for Win7 x64 from realtek. After uninstalling correctly, restarting, and installing the new drivers still no luck. Any recommendations?

Hola! Have you reset the router lately? Update the DD-WRT firmware lately? The above system what is that? Desktop or Laptop? Are you using the wireless 802.11g? YOu have gig ports their if you're on a desktop you should get 10/100/1000mbps wireless n router.

Hola! Have you reset the router lately? Update the DD-WRT firmware lately? The above system what is that? Desktop or Laptop? Are you using the wireless 802.11g? YOu have gig ports their if you're on a desktop you should get 10/100/1000mbps wireless n router.

Hola, This router is new just got it last month, and right when i got it i put DD-WRT. Should have explained that this problem was happening with my old router also a Dlink DGL-4300. This is a wired system, no wireless.

Okay now since you have told me the issue. DSL or Cable modem? Is your modem the type that uses the phone with it?

DSL Modem, Running factory settings, Had my ISP monitor my connection for disconnects and they did not detect anything besides the connections to the other computers in my house are unaffected.

Set the NIC to Auto or 100mbps. Don't set it to 1.0GBps since your using 10/100 router. So all your other PCs are okay and connect fine. Then you decided to get this router to fix the issue but found out it's still doing the same-thing. I would disable the NIC onboard and use another network card. But if you don't have one then got to work with what you have. You already taken some sets to uninstall the driver and install the latest 64-bit driver and you still have issues. Connecting the system directly to the modem? Did you do that?

DSL modem and the ISP already told you're okay then it's the System NIC or the configuration. What has happen prior? Did you change anything since the before or after getting this system. When did you notice the problem? Have you scan for pest (worms, viruses, spyware, malware etc.)

Set the NIC to Auto or 100mbps. Don't set it to 1.0GBps since your using 10/100 router. So all your other PCs are okay and connect fine. Then you decided to get this router to fix the issue but found out it's still doing the same-thing. I would disable the NIC onboard and use another network card. But if you don't have one then got to work with what you have. You already taken some sets to uninstall the driver and install the latest 64-bit driver and you still have issues. Connecting the system directly to the modem? Did you do that?

Okay i set the NIC to 100mbps full duplex. The drivers are the latest, however my last router had Gigabit connections and still have the disconnections. Once i get fed up ill get an alternative NIC card.

Sounds like to me either the Winsocket is corrupted or the NIC is bad onboard. I had just recently replace PC-E Dual direction Gig because under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit the onboard NIC was acting flaky. No driver could solve the issue. It had to be disable in the BIOS then then replaced. I had to order PCI-E Gig Dual Direction Adapter as all I had was PCI Gig. The PCI Gig worked but everything on my Gig network is PCI-E Gig Dual Direction. Best to solve these issue with another adapter. Do you have USB or any adapter in the other system. Even 10/100. You need to see if that fixes the issue. If it does then you know.

Open a command prompt and type: "<-Ping -t www.google.com" > c:\testip.txt->" count to 20 they press crt-c Attach the file to your next post. Don't type: "<- or ->"

Okay after doing the ping and when it was timing out I got dropped. Dident get far :(

also when browsing Chrome spits this out " Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error."

Attachments

• Testip.txt.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for sending the data... So your results are:

Packets: Sent = 15, Received = 12, Lost = 3 (20% loss)
If you do the same on the other systems you don't have a lost right?

What are you using for AV and firewall on that system?

Have you run the Windows 7 Network Diagnostics /Repair tool in Windows Under Network Sharing Center (Trouble Shoot problems)

Thanks for sending the data... So your results are:

Packets: Sent = 15, Received = 12, Lost = 3 (20% loss)
If you do the same on the other systems you don't have a lost right?

What are you using for AV and firewall on that system?

Antivirus = Avast free edition

Firewall = Comodo

I ran the test on the other wired computer in my home. and it did not lose connection.

Have you run the Windows 7 Network Diagnostics /Repair tool in Windows Under Network Sharing Center (Trouble Shoot problems)

Yes but the the only thing that it does it reset the adapter. My connection still times out later on. And usually will reset and be back before I even click on the trouble shooter

Remove the AVAST and Comodo use Windows 7 Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials instead and run the "<--ping -t www.google.com -->" again with out the redirect to a save file. There might be a issue with AVAST. Similar issue doing the same effect. But the last recall was to reformat the system thus you would need to re-install the OS. So lets try removing AVAST and Comodo. I would remove Comodo first then test. If no go then remove the AVAST. I run all 7 here with the 7 Firewall and MSE mentioned above. Never gone back to those you have mentioned. That choice is yours though. I can only advise.

Remove the AVAST and Comodo use Windows 7 Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials instead and run the "<--ping -t www.google.com -->" again with out the redirect to a save file. There might be a issue with AVAST. Similar issue doing the same effect. But the last recall was to reformat the system thus you would need to re-install the OS. So lets try removing AVAST and Comodo. I would remove Comodo first then test. If no go then remove the AVAST. I run all 7 here with the 7 Firewall and MSE mentioned above. Never gone back to those you have mentioned. That choice is yours though. I can only advise.

The test works as of now. Ive been disconnect free for about an hour. This problem existed before I installed Avast and comodo too. If the problem persists i think my next step will be a new NIC

Thanks for all your help.

Best to replace the NIC first disable the onboard they're pretty cheap here, I know you would have get out there. Cost here around PCI is $7.99 and PCI-E I think I paid $24 here's the Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VBU0NY/ref=oss_product Supports 64-bit and 7. Or you could uninstall the OS and re-install then install the drivers if required and software etc..

Well I just Uninstalled my Anti virus and Comodo Going to see if i get a dissconnect. If not i will do a fresh install because I like fresh installs. Never gonna buy a Gigabyte board again with the NIC in mind.

Well NIC on integrated motherboards do act up, not always. I have found no matter who makes the motherboard with integrated NIC they work then they go duff (meaning bad). If you re-install OS and still have the issue then you'll know it's the NIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back