Do you think I got a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

i bought this computer today for $325.00
=Amd Athalon Proccesor BE-2300 64x2 duo core processor chip!
=4 GB OF DDR2 RAM
=250gb HARDDRIVE
=super multi drive for memory cards and stuff
=Nvidia PCI express i think its like a 7300 id have to pull it out to look works great im a hug gamer framerate is awesome!
=Windows Vista which i hate but with the amount of upgraded ram i put on it it flies through all software massive multi taskin can go on.
=it aslo has aATI chip in it too if u wanted to take the video card out
=has a Dvd Multi recorder on it
=Tv Tuner with remote
= upgraded sound card i have in a box that will go with it

Btw i just pasted the info he put on it. its all true i looked it up with everest

Yeh, that is a decent buy. 4 gigs of RAM and Vista will cost you that. Unfortunately if it came with Vista it probably came with all the crap software that came with whatever brand it is. What is it a Compaq or an HP?

If it is a Compaq/HP, one thing I'd suggest you do in the future is put the whole system in a different case, those things are so cramped the chances of getting decent airflow are 0%.

The 7300 is a fairly low end card for Vista's Aero. It should do it, but don't complain if Vista's GUI is slightly sluggish. The good news on that is that cards like a 9600GT are incredibly cheap now and will fly through Aero and almost any game out there.

Make sure whatever PSU you've got can support the new card. Hate to see everything fried just because you didn't check if the PSU was adequate enough. It's more than likely BTW that it's a rubbish one, so you'll probably need a new one before you can use the new card in your PC.

i was looking throught the computer just now and i noticed it has 5gbs 2gb-x1 1gb-x3 is there anyway to make vista recognize the unused 1.5gb?

You'd need an x64 version of Vista for it to recognize all your RAM. Which means you'd have to buy it separately and install it, along with all the drivers for your PC, from scratch.

Well, to properly utilize all 4 gigs yes he will need the 64bit version. But purchasing that negates any good deal he got. With Vista SP1 it will display 4 gigs to the user instead of 3.3 or 2.9 or whatever the case is. Yes its just cosmetic and the 32bit issues are still there, but this isn't worth purchasing a 64bit OS for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back