E:\ is not accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Windows XP and using a TS-H552B DVD burner. when trying to burn DVDs I get the following message: E:\is not accessible. I followed the advice of checking the properties using Windows Explorer, but the recording tab mentioned does not show up. I have download the latest firmware update for this drive, uninstalled and reinstalled this drive, and am getting very frustrated trying to get this drive functioning again. Can anyone PLEASE give me some help/advice? My thanks to you in advance....

Hi

open the case (with the power off) and check that the big grey lead is in correctly, if so then try another grey lead, if it still doesnt work, try it on another IDE channel, you may need to set it to be a slave if your connecting it to a bootable HDD,

You could also try a bootable CD in it and see if the PC boots from it.

chances are the unit is stuffed

thanks for your reply...i followed your suggestions, but am still having the same problem....my DVD burner will read prerecorded discs, but won't record on blanks...anybody have any other tips? TIA

my DVD burner will read prerecorded discs, but won't record on blanks...anybody have any other tips?
Burners use multiple lasers. The read laser works fine, but the burn laser is probably shot. This would explain how it can read but not write.

It would seem that manufacturers make optical drives as cheaply as possible and they fail frequently.

Also, if you've changed anything recently, such as your DVD-/+R media, installed virtual drive software or special purpose DVD burning software... you may want to go back to your old brand of discs or uninstall that software.

I've just recently updated RealPlayer and, after being able to record DVDs using another program, am thinking, thanks to you, that that's where the problem is. On your advice, I'll try an uninstall/reinstall of that program and see what happens. Thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back