Emachine power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh well i have a emachine here and when i plug it in the fan inside turns bout once then stops...all i hear is a high pitch noise that is constant....if you cant help me thats cool i know i didnt give you all much to work with....oo also its missing a drive the dvd r/w...sooo heh yea:)

There are 14 models of eMachines where the motherboard fails first. That then causes the power supply to crash. It is a dead machine, requiring a new motherboard and power supply at a cost of $159.95 for the board, and $45 to $65 for the power supply.
Dump it while you can. You can get verification by posting your model number here.
Do not assume that it is merely the power supply. It almost never is. It is caused by a defect in the manufacturer of trhe motherboard.

We have documented through engineer testing, in preparation for futher followup, that the problem in at least 14 models, is that the motherboards are defective, causing the power supply failure... not the power supply.
The identical power supplies do not cause the problem in the HP, Gateway, or Compaqs into which they are installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back