Error when installing RAID driver Windows XP Media Center

i am trying to install the raid drivers for windows xp media center. i always get an error 'The file jraid.sys is corrupted.' or 'File \x86\ahcix86.sys is corrupted.' here are the specs for the system.

mobo: msi 770t-c45
processor: amd athlon II regor 2.90 adx2450cgqbox
memory: 1 gig
hdd: WD 320 gig sata

PLS HELP ME!!!! its driving me crazy. trying to setup raid 1

Are you installing the RAID driver from the MSI motherboard website, or from a provided motherboard driver CD?

Its been a while away from XP for me... Have you used the "F6" option when beginning the XP install to attempt installing the RAID drivers? My motherboard has RAID setup options in the bios, does yours? I have a 1TB RAID stripe array

yes, the bios has raid options. i have configured the raid there and it is labeled as functional. i have pressed F6 and selected the x86 driver. after doing that i press enter to continue and when pressing enter to install windows xp setup does not see that raid.

What happens if you just install Win XP Media Center normally and enable the BIOS RAID features? When booting do you ever get a screen allowing you to set up the RAID array?

MSI recommends using the F6 option with the RAID drivers on a floppy disk. I don't even use a floppy any longer. I can't imagine what the trouble is at this point. I like MSI products

i did use a floppy to install the drivers. i did just as the msi website says do, and everything works fine until it tries to install windows to the hd.

Back