Fatal Error c000021a

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed to format my PC due to virus infection, upon reloading my genuine Windows Vista program after first restart the screen went blue with an error message:

Stop: c000021a fatal system error
the NT command process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000001(0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has shut down

I am unable to enter safe mode, I am unable to reboot from CD ROM
I am unable to do anything....nothing works.

Please help me fix my computer?????

If you intend to format, change your boot order in the BIOS so that the optical drive is first, then boot to your VISTA install disk, remove the partition, reinstall the partition, then format the hard drive... Presto chango, no more virus, and a clean install.

I have the BIOS setting to boot from CDROM but it still will not work. It prompts me to hit any key but it still does not work. When you refer to optical drive what do you mean? Sorry I am not very computer savvy.
Thank you

By optical drive, I mean CD or DVD drive... and I suspect that yours has failed.
Many optical drives in desktop computers fail early. Depending on use, they can even fail after six months, but are warranteed, usually, for a year. Some brands and some computers have drives that fail way to fast (Dell, Compaq, eMachines, Acer) but luckily (sort of) they are easy to replace, and new ones usually last a lot longer. In our shops, the best performing ones with long life are Plextor and Yamaha, and they are not low cost, but Pioneer, LG, Samsung, LiteOn, Yamaha, Toshiba are reliable for a longer time. We recommend our clients stay away from these based on early failures (HLD, HLDS, Sony, Sony NEC, HP, Acer, and any no-name brands. We don't have enough information on ASUS, and some others commonly sold. Most of those listed sell for $25 to $30 online and are reasonably priced in local stores.
If your disk will not boot the computer, then it is likely that the CDROM drive is bad, and should be replaced, then you can perform the other maintenance that it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back