First time computer builder

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i think i have a rig i like, but the thing is this is my first build ever and not sure that all parts work with each other or that the psu is enough watts. also parts that could be improved for about the same price would be good. Fed up with dell that i can't upgrade easily !! i had a max of £500 to spend , this came in at 480 including delivery. i am in the UK otherwise would of brought from newegg .

gonna be running vista home edd or xp i haven't decided.

Kingston 4gb (2x2gb) Ddr2 800mhz Memory Non-ecc Cl5 - Ebuyer

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Energy Efficient 95W edition Socket 775 (2.40GHz) G0 Stepping L2 8MB Cache OEM Processor - Ebuyer

EV Black Mid Tower Gaming Case with Massive 14cm Front Fan - No PSU - Ebuyer

Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G iP35 Socket 775 6 channel audio ATX Motherboard - Ebuyer

Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

Seagate ST3250310AS 250GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 8MB Cache - OEM - Ebuyer
Corsair 450W VX 450W PSU - ATX12V v2.2

this is meant for gaming on a cash limit

thanks for any time you spend on this.

thinking of buying in 10 -20 hours , just say yes if you think it would work. just need to know

sorry for using your time

( computer "newbie" trying to learn )

Try making these changes:

Grand Total = £498.68 with free shipping on all items. Do remember that you'll need a 64-bit version of whatever OS you want to run, so you can take take advantage of all of your RAM. Everything else looks great.

You're good to go. :)

Does the 4850 fit well in a mid tower?

If it is comparable (not sure) in size to a gtx280 it may be a VERY tight fit.

I have a full ATX case, and my gtx280 is cramped. I had to use the lower bay for my HD's instead of the upper.

The reference GTX 280 is a dual-slot card and is 10.5 inches long. It also requires one 6-pin and one 8-pin power connector. The HD 4850 is single-slot and 9 inches long, so it will fit comfortably into any mid-tower case. It also requires only one 6-pin power connector.

The reference GTX 280 is a dual-slot card and is 10.5 inches long. It also requires one 6-pin and one 8-pin power connector. The HD 4850 is single-slot and 9 inches long, so it will fit comfortably into any mid-tower case. It also requires only one 6-pin power connector.

I was only concerned with the length, not so much the width. but im glad to know it will fit :)

The Corsair 450VX is an excellent PSU and can put other similarly-rated PSUs to shame. Needless to say, it will be more than sufficient for your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back