TechSpot

Fix missing favicons on Google Chrome

By Julio Franco
Jul 25, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Recently Google Chrome stopped showing favicons for all my bookmark bar favorites. Since I can only fit so many bookmarks and thus I abbreviate the descriptions, the icons help me color-coding them so they're more easily identifiable and I can visually follow where I want to go as quickly as possible.

[​IMG]

There is an easy fix to this if you reset the Chrome cache for favicons. Delete the Favicons file in the designated location:

In Windows:
    C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

**In OS X:
    /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/

**To access the User Library folder in OS X, hold the Option key and then select Go > Library from the Finder menu bar.

Restart your browser and you should be back in business.
    Blkfx1 likes this.
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,189   +230

Not directly related, but why does your Google Chrome have three colored circles (Red,Yellow & Green) in top left & mine don't? Its no big deal, just curious. :)
  3. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,757   +165

Look s like he may have downloaded a theme for it.
  4. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 887   +171

Thanks for sharing this Julio Franco. I literally uninstalled Google Chrome for this reason. It's so annoying having bookmarks without favicons. I didn't care to try and fix the issues I just retired it for FF lol.
    learninmypc likes this.
  5. learninmypc

Ok, just curious
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,457   +620

That's because he's probably running Mac OS X. It's the buttons for close, maximise, minimise. :)
  7. learninmypc

Ok, sounds good to me.:)
  8. vinceschutt

vinceschutt Newcomer, in training

This is the only advice that works for me. Hopefully this will serve as a bump to help this post's SEO
  9. BringBackDOS

BringBackDOS Newcomer, in training

Good Day! I hope All are enjoying a pleasant one. How does one achieve the desired result in "Vista"?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.