Found this Security tool - RunScanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipstir

http://www.runscanner.net/why-runscanner.aspx

Runscanner is a completely free windows system utility which scans your system for all configured running programs. You can use runscanner to detect autostart programs, spyware, adware, homepage hijackers, unverified drivers and other problems.

I had ran this on two systems, both had left over files that were listed as File Not Found. I knew that a few were removed by PCTOOLS spyware doctor and antivirus program along with ThreatFire. These highlight in red just told the RunScanner to fix the problem, simply removes those marked in red.

This seems to be more of advanced user tool, but the site has a lot of info and dbase on known threats. The program doesn't need to be installed.

no not the older version the only reason they made it like that was to create a folder which people would not do for backup purpose I will download it and look threw it to let you know from the looks it is the same as hijackthis just with pictures thats it

you will learn about runscanner soon enough daniel, but you may find one of OT's tools more useful and thorough, though it doesn't have all those nice pictures

Well at least something is working right then.. What about these do you know anything about the following you two:

WWDC, IFW, RootRepeal, AVPTool, AVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back