FPS issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtex07

About 6 days ago I was running approximately 315 constant FPS in Counter-Strike: Source, however sometime between then and now it has subsided to and average of 72 FPS...

System Specs:
AMD Phenom 9600 2.3 GHz
4 GB DDR2
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
2x ATI Radeon HD 3870
2x Raptor 150 GB HDD - RAID 0

After noticing the drop in FPS I dled new drivers for everything and still no luck...
My CPU runs about 46 degrees average...

I cannot really shed much light on your situation but I am a Source player myself. I too get around 250 fps in source and about a month ago it suddenly dropped to an average of 50. After about a week of investigation I discovered that my video card was not being properly cooled. A quick fan replace and the issue was resolved. A quick Google search can provide you with a application to check your temp. I have also heard of voltage issues that cause poor performance.

hmm....I think a 2 degree increase when gaming is a little low....maybe try using another program to read it?

Rivatuner can monitor your temperatures and clock speeds during gaming =)

i wasn't playing any hardcore games, and didnt run into anything that would have made it raise any higher than 2 degrees... lol even if my temp went up a little more than that, overheating still isnt my FPS issue...

this won't help you solve the problem but surely 72 fps is more than enough to play the game smoothly and not experience any adverse affects to your online perfomance.

If no other games have slowed down then it is probably not the hardware, why not try another game?

personally i would be happy with 72fps even if my machine can handle more, as it is not needed.

this won't help you solve the problem but surely 72 fps is more than enough to play the game smoothly and not experience any adverse affects to your online perfomance.

If no other games have slowed down then it is probably not the hardware, why not try another game?

personally i would be happy with 72fps even if my machine can handle more, as it is not needed.

That's not the point it has more in it than that.

have you tried reinstalling the game, it could be a setting, do you have update card drivers?

If you feel you've done nothing to make the FPS drop, there are viruses that can effect graphics cards, try performing a scan, there is a lot that could be going on with a problem like this, as it doesn't seem to be overheating it may not be the hardware that we need to blame here.

yea, its not the viruses... or at least its not detectable if it is one lol... and its not directx i updated it and same stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back