Frequent system crashes (BSOD) after Windows 7 install

Hi,

I've installed Windows 7 on my desktop yesterday. After install, my system is crashing frequently (every 30-60 minutes).

Mine is a relatively older machine. The configuration is as follows:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140
Mother Board: Gigabyte 8I865GME-775-RH
RAM: 1GB

I believe the most probable cause is some outdated device driver. But I am unable to determine precisely, since I don't know how to interpret windows dump files.

Please help, I am enclosing all the minidumps generated since yesterday.

Thanks in anticipation.

View attachment Minidumps 1.zip

View attachment Minidumps 2.zip

The first set of minidumps were read and four of five specifically cited that your issue is with memory corruption. You'll need to run Memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Thanks for the reply mate !!

I will run the memtest tonight and post the results. I got one Windows 7 notification last night that pointed to problem with my BIOS and asked for updating it. It too pointed out to some Memory issue.

The thing with corrupted memory is will cause a system to throw out a number of differing error codes and differing reasons but the real issue is corrupted memory.

If you do have corrupted memory then it will be interesting to see if the BIOS problem notification disappears.

Back