TechSpot

GeForce 9800 GTX Review

By Computer~freak~
Mar 26, 2008
  1. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

nice find. I dont think I'll upgrade for along time.

2. Computer~freak~

Computer~freak~ TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 206

lol i wouldnt either with a ultra but your just wiishing you got some of your $$ back because the 9800gtx outperforms the ultra but its not by a big margine

3. redwinger

redwinger TS Rookie Posts: 57

seems like the 9800 is the new king of the hill.

4. Bigfellla

Bigfellla TS Rookie Posts: 108

the 9900GTX will be out in July.

5. tastegw

tastegw TS Enthusiast Posts: 246

just a few months after my purchase of the 8800gts series, this comes out and i checked up on the price of the gpu i purchased and its allmost half the price x_X

wish i saw that one coming ;)

6. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Posts: 592

Oh look, time to reshape the video card budget! Yet another GTX has arrived on the scene! :p I wonder when well get the 9800GTS/GT? (About the document): Ahh, remember when the 6800 Ultra was the big dream? :) And when AGP was still WIDELY used?

7. redwinger

redwinger TS Rookie Posts: 57

prety soon there going to be in the 6 numbers range, we'll be talking about the new 100,000GTX card soon nuff' ;-)

8. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Posts: 592

I can't wait, BFG GeForce 10000GX4! :p Maybe it will eventually get back to the 8000's with ATi. LOL ATi Radeon HD8570 XT. For some reason, I don't even remember what happened in last gen's video cards(GeForce 7000 series, AMD HD2000 and X1xxx)

9. Sparton 10

Sparton 10 TS Rookie Posts: 47

I just can't wait for the teny ten hundred GX2 lol. probably not that far away

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.