TechSpot

GeForce GTX 460 performance, price detailed

By Jos
Jul 8, 2010
  1. There's not much that hasn't been detailed about Nvidia's upcoming mid-range Fermi card already. Leaks have been trickling in from multiple sources since April and by now we know the GeForce GTX 460 will be based on a cut-down revision of the GF100 chip, dubbed GF104, and that it will come in two versions -- one with 768MB GDDR5 and a 192-bit memory and a slightly more expensive version that will carry 1GB of memory and a 256-bit memory interface.

Read the whole story

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

I want whatever drugs the designer of that heat sink is taking. ;)

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

If a card of that price will outperform the hd 5830 it will be a great card for a multi gpu setup at that price.

4. well if it is faster than the 5830; then i will open up my wallet for one to replace my aging 7600gt.

5. exozito

exozito TS Rookie

They had used this cooler on the ATI HD4890.

6. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 981   +31

It'd be good to see NVIDIA compete in price with AMD. Might finally cause some price drops.

7. +1
    Il take some of the stuff the heatsink designer is taking.
    I wounder when those ATi 59XX cards will finally hit the market en mass to let those prices fall some more =)
    Hopefully, it will be good to see Nvidia back in the fight, time will tell.

If i mention, Bush, Clinton and Obama, will bots rain down with posts?

8. Hahaha, I have an aging 7600GT too :) Although I'm not planning on buying another Nvidia. Just a personal preference thing, I want to build an AMD/ATI machine next, I now have an Intel/Nvidia.

9. kakarot27

kakarot27 TS Rookie Posts: 78

i like the heatsink design it really eye-catching and would look fantastic in a multi gpu setup :)

10. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,906   +90

11. lol me 3 i have a 7600 gt and when i do upgrade i will stick with intel/nvidia

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.