Google's sequel to the Pixelbook reportedly has a 13.3-inch 4K display

Humza

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Google's hardware event at New York City next month means plenty of information on upcoming devices beforehand. While the Pixel 4 has had its fair share of leaks, the company's Pixelbook, pitched as a rival to products like the Microsoft Surface Pro, is reportedly getting a new model called the Pixelbook Go.

Google may not have had the same success with the 2-in-1 Pixelbook as Microsoft did with its Surface Pro, but the company is still pushing ahead with an all-new model called the 'Pixelbook Go'. 9to5Google reports that this year's iteration of the Chrome OS-powered device will be dropping the 2-in-1 form factor as well as pen support in favor of a more traditional clamshell laptop design.

The 'Pixelbook Go' will reportedly have "magnesium alloy" like Microsoft Surface devices to make for a lightweight and portable machine aimed at users who work with Chrome OS as their platform of choice.

Specs wise, there will either be a 1080p or 4K display resolution to choose for the 13.3-inch 16:9 screen, along with CPU (Intel Core m3, i5 and i7), RAM (8GB or 16GB) and storage (64GB, 128GB or 256GB) options for determining the final price, which is expected to start around $800.

In terms of connectivity, the new model is expected to retain the two USB-C ports and 3.5mm headphone jack found in the original Pixelbook, a Titan C security chip for WiFi and Bluetooth like that on the Pixel Slate, powerful speakers, two front mics and a 2MP front camera capable of recording at 1080p 60fps.

Color options include a "Just Black" and "Not Pink" for now, more of which could be revealed along with the Pixel 4 and other Nest hardware at Google's New York event on October 15.

Permalink to story.

Any laptop like this should have either an SD card slot or a micro SD card slot and support up to 1TB...

Or elese, they should come with no less than 512GB or 1TB as options.

Google discontinued the last one because people were not paying $1200 for a chromebook, what makes this one suddenly worth the money? I doubt this model will do anything my acer C771 cant do, and even my amped up i5 model only cost me $450.
Is this x86/64? If so this might be interesting to throw Linux on.....
It should be, for the price and given most Chromebooks are x86. Be warned, the newer x86 platforms are proving very hard to get Linux to work on properly, Skylake and newer still has audio bugs IIRC, some still cant produce video correctly, ece.
Any laptop like this should have either an SD card slot or a micro SD card slot and support up to 1TB...

Or elese, they should come with no less than 512GB or 1TB as options.
It's a chromebook, you are supposed to use it with google cloud services. Without internet these things are completely handicapped. Very little will run on a chromebook without internet, and what will run is mostly android apps that you dont need a $1000 chromebook to run.

Back