Happy Birthday dividebyzero

Happy birthday Chef.

Tear it up!

HB_DBZ.JPG

A few fun facts on your birthday,
New Zealand is about 100,000 square miles.....Minnesota is about 100,000 square miles...
New Zealand has about 4 Million in population...Minnesota Has about 4 Million in population
New Zealand has 60,000,000 sheep...Minnesota has Brett Favre.....
See!...they are practically the same place. :)

Cheers Guys.
Nice to be able to sit in the shade (it was ~35°C here) and sup on a few Caffreys after a hectic couple of weeks- Christmas and New Year's aren't much fun when you work in hospitality and the place is a holiday destination.

@red1776
Hawke's Bay tends to go with a different look...
Restaurant16.jpg

New Zealand has 60,000,000 sheep...Minnesota has Brett Favre.....
See!...they are practically the same place. :)
If the sheep end up with cellphones then we're all in trouble....looks like Brett seems to have misplaced his!.....Jenn Sterger is safe for the moment (how ironic that Sterger is Regrets spelled backwards...wonder if Brett has a few)

Oh now that's dirty pool! We have a snowscape here and -12c. I saw that in the gallery and trying to figure out if that was CGI or an actual picture. Is that on a vineyard?

Yeah, vineyard -quite a new build. Infinity pool stretches around two sides of the restaurant. All very manufactured rustic.
Another view of the restaurant outside deck
Rest of the town reminds me of San Diego (at least in 1987 when I was there). About ninety minute drive to the skifields, 15-75min to good fly-fishing rivers if Rainbow trout is your thing. The Bay is fairly shallow until you get a mile of two offshore then the shelf drops off to deep water (600+ft) -Good Marlin (and other sailfish), Shark and Tuna fishing area.

Cheers guys. The (birth)day officially ended 30 minutes ago...but since I pulled a double shift today, I'm about 30 minutes out from the start of festivities- all night poker and 8-ball with the boys, followed by a barbecue steak and bubbly breakfast on the beach with the girlfriend...

Belated Happy B'day DBZ (sorry for being late to the party, but I was busy slipping and crash-landing in the bathroom and nearly breaking some bones :D, resultantly I was having trouble using both hands for typing as well) ........... may this new year of life bring you all the happiness you ever dream for :)

Thanks Archean...I think I'll take getting totalled by a bottle of Laphroaig, and some ill-advised Absinthe Drips rather than by gravity and a bathroom floor. Hope you're well mended.

Well it was caused by slippery 'bathroom floor' ........ but thank you for your kind words :)

Yeah, vineyard -quite a new build. Infinity pool stretches around two sides of the restaurant. All very manufactured rustic.
I thought prefabrication and rustic were mutually exclusive....:confused:

Do you really need the glass plate to keep the customers out of the moat? I also thought "infinity" went on forever, or at least 4 sides..... The valet gondolier's name wouldn't be by any chance, "Charon", would it...? :haha:

Are there crocodiles in the moat, or am I thinking of Australia?

BTW, a very belated happy birthday....!

I thought prefabrication and rustic were mutually exclusive....:confused:
Hence the "manufactured" rustic. Faux rustic or hipster chic are also suitable descriptors.
Do you really need the glass plate to keep the customers out of the moat?
Oh yes. The simple calculation would be:

Number of Lookitme as$holes x expense account credit card level divided by number of attractive 18-24 y.o. hostesses/waitresses minus number of wives in attendance.

Never underestimate the ability of a middle-aged management exec to make a complete boob of themselves.
I also thought "infinity" went on forever, or at least 4 sides.....
The architects were German...you'd think that they would have a handle on existentialism
The valet gondolier's name wouldn't be by any chance, "Charon", would it...? :haha:
Hopefully Charon accepts VISA or AMEX...Judging by the tips jar behind the bar, not many of our patrons carry coin...even less of the obol variety
Are there crocodiles in the moat, or am I thinking of Australia?
Yea, that's the Aussie's, but I'm onboard with that idea.
BTW, a very belated happy birthday....!
Cheers captain.

Happy B'day DBZ, I hope you had a great day, and hopefully be having a very successful and fulfilling new year of life. :)

Back