HELP! DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xD1 (Minidumps included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone....

I'm currently having a bit of trouble with my cpu. I have a decent computer, 1.3ghz AMD processor, 256mb RAM, a 6 month old 120gig hardrive, etc.......

Anyway lately it's been shutting off on me and restarting randomly... So I figure it was about time to start fresh again(Who knows what I coulda had on it), so I backed up all my media(mp3's, vids, pics, documents etc.) And I erased both of my hard drives. So I did a clean install of Windows XP home edition, and now everything works, but I'm getting the same restarting problem as before... I would be normally using it and it would lock up and restart.. I made it so it wouldn't restart so I could find out the problem and this is that it says.

Stop: 0x000000D1

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xD1

Right now I'm running it on safe mode, and it's working fine, no problems... So after doing some brief research it could be my ram, or any loose hardware... Or worst case scenario, my motherboard....

After numerous tests, I checked the ram by taking both ram sticks out and using one at a time, no change.... I removed the floppy drive, an useless 56k modem, took my secondary harddrive out.. Updated the drivers to my graphics card, sound card... I'm still unclear how to do it for the motherboard though..

The odd thing about it is I went up to circuit city(friends work there) and everthing works PERFECT there.... Only thing I brought up there was the cpu, they supply everything else.. So could it be anything else? Any Ideas or suggestions..

HAve anyone experienced this also???

Attachments

• Mini071106-08.zip
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

analized your dump and the driver causing crash is sskbfd.sys

Run a disk Check

Search your system for the driver to determine whick program uses it
Then uninstall and re install the program.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at sskbfd.sys. I believe this is your keyboard driver. I can only find one reference to it and it appears it can cause problems.

The solution to your problem appears to be HERE.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks...

I actually had slight problems with my keyboard during the re-installation of XP... I have a compaq smart card USB keyboard. WHich couldn't properly install when I upgraded...

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will try the solution from the link as soon as I get home.

It's just one thing thats not clear.. Would I have to follow their instruction, then reinstall my keyboard drivers? Or would that simply solve the problem?

This situation has really influenced me to just buy a new keyboard and mouse lol....

Thanks for the help.. If I have any more questions i'll post!!!!!!!!!!

So far, no problems.. I followed the directions from the post...

If I come across another error, i'll be back lol.

Thanks a million!

Hi Commodity. I've dealt with this problem a couple of times in the last few weeks. an update of spysweeper seems to be the problem. I don't know if it's connected but all the machines which gave me the problem all had AMD 2000XP or close processors.
for a quick fix go the settings panel of spysweeper and disable the anti-keylogger service.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back