HELP me for upgrading my 3dCard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

numan

I am using
Intel Celeron D 2.4 GHz.
512 Mb Kingston DDR 400 bus.
MSI Motherboard (p4mamV) with AGP 4x.

I live in country Pakistan city Faisalabad. In my country the curency is PKR (Pakistani rupee).
60 PKR is eqaul to 1$ (US dollar). I can spend 5500 Rs(PKR) so it is equal to 92$. I have a budget of 92$ app. In which I have to buy a 3d card better than Geforce Fx5200. I want to buy a 3dCard which can play the latest games in normal or high settings. Plz recommand me some good 3dCards in price range of 5500 Rs or 92$.
Plz tell me the website on which i can buy 3d card in my curency and the website ships the card in my country.

One more thing, is there any performance difference of a 3dcard running on AGP 4x or 8x?

Suggestion

I would suggest a ATI 9600 Radeon 128MB/ GeForce 6600GT 256MB. I don't think the GeForce is going to fall in your budget though. And I don't know what site would sell in PKR and deliver to Pakistan. Sorry... :stickout:

cT

Which model u sugest for me in my budget. ATI Radeon 9600,9600XT,9600SE or 9600pro. Which should I have to get 256mb or 128mb? 128 bit,256 bit or 64 bit?

Is 128mb Radeon run the latest games in better settings? Or 256mb?

I'd have to say that at your budget ($92) and your motherboard (AGP 4x) you are not going to be able to get a card that will run the newest games at mid to high settings as you are asking. Not realistic in my opinion.

Of the cards you have listed above, the 9600XT is your best bet, and will be noticably better than your current FX5200 card. But still, if you are trying to play games like Doom3 or Half-Life2, you can probably set it to mid-level settings but your frame rates are going to be quite low.

In my country The Radeon 9600 XT is about 163$ and Radeon 9600SE and 9600 are about 92$ and there is no website which ships cards in my country. I have only 92$. So is it better for me to buy a Radeon 9600se or 9600 or wait for 6months to buy a good crad(9600XT or some else)?

What games are you trying to run?

I am tempted to tell you to save your money until you can upgrade your motherboard, CPU and graphics card all at the same time, especially if you are seriously wanting to play the newer games.

1. Celeron processors are not good for gaming.
2. Your motherboard only supports 4x AGP

Upgrading to the 9600 will not be much of an improvment over your 5200. If you are wanting to upgrade, I wouldn't recommend that card at all.

Even with the 9600XT, although it would be a step up from your 5200 card, it is not really capable of handling the newer games without turning the settings down, unfortunately.

I cannot buy all of three things symontaneously(cannot afford). So what should be upgraded first for good gaming.
1 Processor? Which one?
2 Motherboard?
3 3dCard? Which one?

Again, what games are you trying to run?

I think if you had say... the 6600gt card with your current system you would be able to run most games at mid-level settings. For today's games, it seems that the 6600gt is really the entry level card, and is the best bang for the buck for a budget level gaming system.

It is all a question of budget vs. priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back