Hijack assistance request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im really looking forward to any advice regarding my computer. I dont know where to begin, in short, Im computer illterate and have experienced increasing difficulties for over a year now.

I imagine there are many possible fixes, as it is Im considering saving my documents and files and formating, Im also considering an upgrade but will seek advice on that matter at a later time.

If it is not too off topic if there are any instructions so that I can reset my machine to a previous state that would be convenient, because half of the more apparent problems occur when I let others borrow my computer. After which some serious problems have been found such as persistent pop ups and a scvhost file that takes all of the computers resources.

Finally I notice when looking at the hijack log that at least half of the running processes as detailed on task manager are not listed in the top list. Whether that is meant to be or not I dont know, but I guess it is worth mentioning to be on the safe side.

Thanks in advance for this very useful assistance forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re running a completely unpatched version of Windows, with no antivirus or firewall software and your system is riddled with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Season89 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back