Hitting back twice is now required to back out of a thread

SNGX1275

This seems like a fairly recent occurrence, perhaps when the order of the forums got changed up.

When I am reading a thread and want to get back to the subforum (Meeting Spot, Windows OS, ect) I have to hit back twice to get there. The first time I hit back as far as I can tell nothing happens (no appearance that anything happened in the browser) and the second time it proceeds as expected.

This does not happen if I'm in a subforum and want to get back to the main forum listing.

This happens on Opera 10.10 build 6795 (or from opera:about Opera/9.80 (Macintosh; PPC Mac OS X; U; en) Presto/2.2.15 Version/10.10)

I think this also happens in 10.5 on Windows as well, I'll edit my post if it doesn't. Will have to check in a few minutes.

Edit: Hitting back in Opera 10.5 on Windows does work properly. Don't think I have access to any Windows machines with 10.10 still installed. Its probably not too big of a deal since I'm likely the only one that browses the forums regularly on an old Mac using Opera, and Opera 10.5 should be fairly soon for PPC Macs.

Thanks for the note SNGX, especially for your second update which basically indicates that the issue is somewhat related/limited to a single browser under a specific platform.

I usually browse the site with all major browsers on Windows but only use Firefox on OS X, no issues on any of those as far as I can tell.

Issue seems to have resolved itself. Boring details follow:

After posting I did some investigation into Opera 10.5 for PPC Macs and found that they finally have a Universal beta (rather than Intel Only) and installed that. It was incredibly unstable, so I used Time Machine to restore my 10.10 and the issue is gone. So obviously there was a quit/restart of Opera in there (probably fixed it there) and then a reboot because there was a Safari update that required a reboot - so either the reboot , restoration after 10.5 failure, or the quit/relaunch of Opera fixed it.

I have exactly the same problem. Using Avant browser11.7, which to the best of my knowledge is a front end to many of the MS dll's for explorer 7.

The symptom started about 2 weeks ago, and is unique to this site. On any of the forums, when the back-button is clicked, nothing happens, and the address does not change in the address box. Only the second click works exactly as it should. Also the point made by sngx1275 is also there - this is peculiar to when in a forum, and 'my posts'. Return from a forum list works as expected.

So not unique to Safari then.....sorry, but it's a bug/incompatibility in the site code.

UPDATE: as of today, happy to report that the back key is working correctly again. Only updates have been MS KB978207 and Adobe flash player to v10.0.45.2. Does the site use flash for anything?

Back