Hottest PC games for the 2010 Holiday Season

Julio Franco

Staff member
This year’s holiday shopping season is looking to be a great one for PC gamers as game developers bring out their latest wares and graphics cards manufacturers battle it out to deliver the best performing piece of hardware on the market. With just a few weeks left before Christmas, it’s likely you or someone on your shopping list are already looking forward to spend some quality time indoors playing the hottest titles on your computer.

Read the full article at:
https://www.techspot.com/guides/335-hottest-pc-games-2010-holidays/

Please leave your feedback here.

looks like I should really upgrade my graphic card...poor geforce 8400 GS probably won´t manage most of this :D

Starcraft 2 is just awesome. If you like rts games then it is a MUST PLAY for you. And it also runs on my low-tech lappy :D

Its because its everywhere, I'm bored now of all the publicity it is getting when really, its not that great, the people who still think its great have got something in common with Apple Fan Boys, They'll eat anything with the word Apple on, COD fans will eat anything with the COD logo on, despite it isn't really a very good product.

I don't know, think i'm just having a bad day...

Its because its everywhere, I'm bored now of all the publicity it is getting when really, its not that great, the people who still think its great have got something in common with Apple Fan Boys, They'll eat anything with the word Apple on, COD fans will eat anything with the COD logo on, despite it isn't really a very good product.

...now where is the [Like] button for this comment..? -I would like to press it ^_^

This is a very good list, it's got a little bit of everything, from adventure, going through strategy and first person shooters... Although you will need at least a 1 year old graphics card to play most of them at least in medium quality...

I'm not a hardcore gamer but I really enjoyed playing it, was fun in my opinion. What games live up to the hype these days anyway? Just enjoy it for what it is ;)

Thanks DjKraid.

I Kind of agree with Steve but Games did used to live up to the hype, COD:2 was better than the hype!
I just don't understand why (More specific to COD than most other game brands) COD is unable to live up to it anymore?

I blame it on Activision wanting a new one each year. I honestly don't know many games you can buy from the shop that is any good if its had less than a years worth of Production.

Might pick up SIms 3. I am yet to play it. Did start downloading it when it was leaked but never finished the download and then just never bought it. Bought the first 2 on release day, but wanted to wait for a version that comes with 1 or more expantion packs. (I mean £40 for game on release day then £20 per pack is insane!) Got black ops on PS3 and 360 so not gonna get that in PC. Might start playing Eve online again. Got a 5 day ''come back to eve trial'' so will give that a go again.

Also on a different note, I am really wanting to get Starcraft II

I've heard nothing but good reviews AND user remarks plus I like the old Strategy games every now and then :)

Also tempted by Fable III since I Loved the first Fable, then Number 2 was better and worse in certain areas but generally very addictive, I just hope 3 can beat both!

Just dissapointed that Crysis 2 isn't here :( I actually cried the day that it was announced to be delayed. But its fine, gives me time to get a new Graphics card, the old GTX 260 probably won't cut it any more, hell it didn't really cut it for the first one!

Hot Pursuit looks so cool, I'm eagerly waiting. On the other hand... Cataclysm... used to play wow but now I hate blizzard they are trying to squish money out of everything, they should not make you pay to keep the game fresh, of course I'm talking besides the MONTHLY fee don't you think its too much to pay even more when they make something?

Yah expansions look cool, they give you new lvls and ways to build your char but... a couple of weeks and the content was already explored, got so bored I had 4 alts before the account expired.

"With just a few weeks left before Christmas ...."

What is a few weeks left? I more like 5-6 weeks away, plenty of time.

Bill

I have to say, none of the games on the list really jump out at me. I don't think anything has really got me excited this season. I just want Dragon Age 2 and Portal 2 to hit the market already!
Good work on the list though, it has something for pretty much everyone.

I'm sure a lot of my Christmas will be spent playing Civ V and SC II. I hadn't heard much on Deathspank though. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip off Techspot!

Civilization V should be an excellent strategy but we still wait for the Diablo 3..Has anyone heard an announcement date?

Civ 5 was the exception to me buying new games. Every time I read a forum for a new game, its filled with reports of bugs and crashes. I'm supposed to pay 60 bugs to beta test a game?

I got some of those already. But no... I don't think I'd be buying games during the Christmas season but I'll try... I'll try to squeeze it in my busy schedule.

Somewhere in between sitting on my *** and staring on a blank wall.

err said:
Civilization V should be an excellent strategy but we still wait for the Diablo 3..Has anyone heard an announcement date?

Agreed, I'm waiting for diablo 3. Maybe I'll pick up fallout NV.

Back