How does this PC look?

Hey guys I'm building a new computer and was wondering if you guys would check out the hardware I had in mind and give some feedback on what you think. It would be greatly appreciated, thanks. I will mainly be using this for gaming purposes. No other motive behind it. Also im planning on running windows 7 premium 64 bit home edition as the OS.

MoBo: ASUS crosshair IV formula AM3 AMD 890fx

CPU: AMD phenom II six-core 1100t thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7 turbo socket

RAM: corsair xms 8 gb Ddr3 1600

Hard Drive: samsung spinpoint F3 1TB

GPU: MSI n480GTX 1536MB 384 bit

PSU: silverstone ST75F-p 750w

Case: Raidmax smilodon extreme black ATX612WEB

If I missed anything let me know and I'll get it up.

Hi Psythe,
You might want an optical drive in there. Also a aftermarket heatsink. Other than that it looks good. You can save yourself a chunk of change and get the x6 1055T. The 1100,1090, 1075, 1055 are all the same CPU , just different clock speed. They all OC to the same place. 4.0-4.2Ghz. So if your a DIY'er you can save about $75. I have my 1055T running @ 4.17Ghz

A suggestion on your choice of VGA. I would recommend the GTX 570 over the GTX 480, it outperforms the 480, runs cooler, uses less electricity. and is $50.00 less.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127564&cm_re=gtx_570-_-14-127-564-_-Product

For the same $, the HD 6970 is a little faster than the 570
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150517&cm_re=hd_6970-_-14-150-517-_-Product

I have the Asus Crosshair IV Formula and the Corsair XMS 1600 in my gamer and am extremely happy with both.

Oh, I would also like to mention that the price of all this plus the OS, monitor, and keyboard is roughly $1,480 dollars. I would like to keep hue price under $1500 and if there is anything I could cut back on without losing performance to save a little more I would be willing to do that.

Oh, I would also like to mention that the price of all this plus the OS, monitor, and keyboard is roughly $1,480 dollars. I would like to keep hue price under $1500 and if there is anything I could cut back on without losing performance to save a little more I would be willing to do that.

Both Asrock and Gigabyte make some very good 890/850 FX boards for $50-75 less than the Crosshair. add that savings to sub'ing the 1055T in place of the 1100 x6 and you can get the GTX 580.

Hey red, thanks for the input. I may go with the GTX570 instead now. I'm looking to cut out a few dollars and keep the efficiency. I'm glad you like the MoBo and Corsairs. It's good to hear as I'm looking forward to both as well. I'm going to look into those processors now.

Also check out the recommended components from the Entry Level and Enthusiast builds in the Techspot Desktop Buying Guide. Might find a better/cheaper option for some of your components.

Would the 1055t be just as good as the 1100 if I do not intend to OC it? I wasn't originally planning on OCing but the price drop to the 1055 is pretty enticing.

I would suggest that the OP get an AMD card. The Crosshair 4 Formula only suppports CrossFire. So if the OP wants to add a second card in the future, it won't be possible with nVidia. It cuts down on an upgrade path.

Back