How good is my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielhobro

I have ordered all these
and am wondering in hard ware terms how good it is as a gaming pc

Video Card : BFG GeForce GTX 260 OC Maxcore (896 Mb)
RAM : DDR2 4GB (PC2 - 1066MHz)
Processor : Intel Core Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz) [Overclock @ 3.3]
Motherboard : Abit Pro XE LGA775
CPU Cooler : Tuniq Tower 120 (120mm - how ironic)
Power Supply : Corsair SLi Compliant 650W

Could you please look though all the links and tell me how good it will be in graphics performance and general tasks and could you tell me how good it will be compared to PS3's and X-Box 360's in hardware terms. I am wondering which to buy for playing extreme games!
I forgot to mention i use 7600RPM SCSI Harddrive

ALSO CAN YOU TELL HIM WHETHER OR NOT IT WILL PLAY CRYSIS AT VERY HIGH SETTINGS, (no antialiasing - that is over the top!)

I have changes the porcessor to intel, and changed the motherobard

It's a decent PC, although I wonder why you went for an AMD CPU and motherboard. Anyways, the only thing I see a problem with is the PSU, which you haven't specified. Check out this thread for pointers on good PSU brands.

yeah, go intel tbh. Much better performance, and longevity due to overclocking potential. The X2 6000 rig i built doesn't like to go faster than stock. ALL the c2d/q's that i've built do....and they do it with a smile :)

As for Edimax, i've used a few of their products and to be blunt...they suck. From switches to print servers to hub to routers. I've not had a level of success that i'd call 'good'. In fact i've had to change them all out for better more expensive ones.

"Buy cheap, buy twice!" as my dad always says. :)

Excellent PSU choice. Everything looks set then. Expect steller performance at any resolution upto 1920x1200 with almost all of the graphics options maxed out.

Honestly, for performance, Intel is the way to go. What did you have listed before?

before i had an athlon 64x2 6000 (3.2GHz), the thing about intel being better is that the cpu is cheaper than intel. And it has an unlocked multiplier so i can (with a better fan) overclock to say ..... 3.1GHz

Edit

before i had an athlon 64x2 6000 (3.2GHz), the thing about intel being better is that the cpu is cheaper than intel. And it has an unlocked multiplier so i can (with a better fan) overclock to say ..... 3.1GHz

And will it or will it not be able to play cryis on high

The CPU is a poor OCer. But nevertheless, the entire setup will be able to play Crysis pretty smoothly on High.

yeah, its quad core too, but it won't utilise all cores playing crisis. With such a decent gpx as the 260, your bottleneck if anything will be your cpu.
You're obviously set on amd..not sure why, but hey ho.

What Cpu then

yeah, its quad core too, but it won't utilise all cores playing crisis. With such a decent gpx as the 260, your bottleneck if anything will be your cpu.
You're obviously set on amd..not sure why, but hey ho.

Well if thats the case what intel processor would you recomend for my pc ?

The CPU will not bottleneck your setup, but there're better options available for the same price as the Phenom X4s. The E8400 is the best CPU to replace the Phenom, and I'd recommend any decent P45 motherboard like the GA-EP45-DQ6, GA-EP45-DS3R or the ASUS P5Q Pro. The CPU can easily reach 3.5GHz on stock cooling and is able to hit 4GHz+ with a decent aftermarket cooler like the Noctua NH-U12P, Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme or the Tuniq Tower 120.

The CPU will not bottleneck your setup, but there're better options available for the same price as the Phenom X4s. The E8400 is the best CPU to replace the Phenom, and I'd recommend any decent P45 motherboard like the GA-EP45-DQ6, GA-EP45-DS3R or the ASUS P5Q Pro. The CPU can easily reach 3.5GHz on stock cooling and is able to hit 4GHz+ with a decent aftermarket cooler like the Noctua NH-U12P, Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme or the Tuniq Tower 120.

Yeah i have added it could you please tell me how good it will be now

Processor 64x

Your PC's a high-end gaming machine and can handle any game or app your throw at it with ease.

I just have one query about the processor. It says it is 64bit and my Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition is 32bit. Will that effect it in any way

I would say that you should build a whole other spec's based on the new x58 boards and core i7 processor,,,you should go for core i7 920..lowest model I know but its a real bang for 300$.
It outperformed Q9550 in all applications and in medium quality gaming..
You should get yourself a 3x 3Gb memory @ 1066 to benift from the new triple channel.

And what would the benefit be from such a setup? Medium-quality gaming on a high-end PC? I don't think so.

gabrielhobro said:
I just have one query about the processor. It says it is 64bit and my Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition is 32bit. Will that effect it in any way
No, it won't affect it at all. Don't worry about it.

i made my new gaming system last month, E8400, amd 4850, Asus P5Q3 Deluxe ( as it came with WiFi-AP which was a good bundle for me), 4 gb of ram at 1333, and i went with vista 64bit. i havnt had any compatibility problems with it, and as it supports more ram for later upgrades, and only costs a few dollors more seemed like a good option to me.

as for ur cpy choice... either E8400 and E8500 are excellent options, i managed to get my E8400 to 3.6ghz with stock cooling. i havnt had any problems with it. its an excellent cpu.

i have not managed to play crysis on high setting at 1680x1050. and i dont think the 260 would be able to get u consistant 30+ frame rate.

i have played farcry 2 and fallout 3 on max with 4xAA and have not experienced any difficulties.. so i am very happy about that.

eafshar said:
i have not managed to play crysis on high setting at 1680x1050. and i dont think the 260 would be able to get u consistant 30+ frame rate.
It would actually, since the GTX 260 is more or less close to the HD 4870 in performance.

My GTX 280 superclocked eats Crysis for breakfast on 1920x1200, and it isn't THAT much better than the 260.

260 x2

My GTX 280 superclocked eats Crysis for breakfast on 1920x1200, and it isn't THAT much better than the 260.

Yeah and anyway my motherboard supports x3 SLi. So when i get more money and the price goes down i will by another one, and then another one and then i will have 3 of them, which equals 896Mb onboard memory *3 = 2688Mb Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back