How to install .ISO file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a program with the ending .iso. I do not know which program I have to use to open and install it. If I just double click it it opens cd creator, am I supposed to burn it to a CD rom first?
Please help.

Brendafornia

How to use Virtual CD with .iso file

hi,
I downloaded Virtual CD, because I read that I could open and install a program that has then ending .iso. Now I do not know how to use it. Can anyone help me?

Brendafornia

virtual-cd website said:
How to change the Image File Properties of ISO files?

As of Virtual CD version 6, ISO conform files can be directly added to the CD Management without any conversion. However, then the image file properties cannot be changed since the controlling file (VC4) where such properties are stored is missing. With the exception of the check boxes "Eject ..." and "Autorun ..." no properties are available for these directly used ISO files.

In version 6 you can still convert ISO files via "quick" conversion if you wish. In other words, the ISO file is converted into a VC4 and 000 file without changing the source ISO file. Then you can modify all image file properties.
http://www.virtualcd-online.com/vcd/apps/support/knowledgebase.cfm?CaseGroupID=44&lg=0

Isn't there a manual/helpfile with that program?

changing to ISO files

err...can i ask that is there any ways we can change e file type to ISO file type? for example .rar files?

My personal suggestion is Virtual Clone Drive, a free program from Slysoft.
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5973-virtual-clonedrive.html

It installs a "virtual dvd rom" that shows up under "My Computer" along with your other drives. Just double click on the .ISO file and it reads the ISO in such a way that it looks like a real CD/DVD in Windows. Then you treat it like you would any CD or DVD. As an added bonus, it hands lots of other ISO-style CD formats, like MDS, BIN, CCD etc...

This is different from programs like MagicISO, UltraISO etc... In that not only is it free, but you don't have to use the program's interface itself. You just use Windows Explorer to run and browse your ISO file like you would a regular CD or DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back