HP Mini 110-1100 Need Help Fast (before I mess it up worse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I bought my 14 yr old daughter this Hp mini 110-1100 model netbook for christmas , and already I have problems with it. It has this blue error screen telling me windows had to shut down to prevent further damage to the computer...and has all these technical information ***STOP:0x0000007E
then tells me to reboot and hit F8 to go to safe mode- IT WILL NOT go into safe mood...I've ran both the memory tests & primary hard disk self test - both passed.
I've been working on this ALL day and I am tired...can someone please please please help me ?

Im soo tired I forgot to add the specifics.
Hp mini 110-1100 windows xp home edition w/sp 3
processor type : intel (R) , atom (Tm) cpu: N270 @ 1.60 ghz
processor speed 1600 mhz total memory 1024mb
bios version F.17

If Ive left out anything someone may need to know to help ,please let me know. Thanks for your time

Can you load to the desktop screen in normal mode?

Your error is 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

Route44

No, can't load the desktop. Nothing. I restart like it tells me, Ive tried last known good config., safe mode,safe mode w/networking, safe mode w/command prompts...Nothing happens. It does act like its going to start normally, bringing up the traditionally windows xp screen with the rolling bars below it. but goes right back to that blue error screen. the actual error it shows says this precisely :
***STOP:0x0000007E (0xC0000005 , 0X864A3113 , 0xF79E37B8 , 0xF79E34B4)
If that makes any more sense or helps. I don't know...for the most part I know computers and how to fix them , just not this hp mini netbook becoz it has no cd rom , its just plain...I even tried the Roxio back up utility like it told me...I guess its built in..but only had a back up to last nights date and it said it backed it up successfully but nothing @ all changed. still does the same thing...

Can you load to the desktop screen in normal mode?

Your error is 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

If it is this Route44 , can u help me fix it ? or is it even fixable ? Should I put it all back in the box and send it back ??

I was hoping we could get to yourr minidumps so I could read them. As you see this error code means your issue could be caused by almost anything. But since you can't access your Minidump Folder found in the Windows Folder because you can't access the desktop screen means there is no way to narrow it down.

Seriously, if this thing is still under warrenty I would take it back pronto and tell them up front the BSOD error code with definition I just gave you.

Please let us know what was found/what you did. Thanks.

P.S. Someone with considerable more knowledge than I have may come along and provide better suggestions. Still, if it is under warrenty have HP fix this thing.

So, you recommend I take it back ? Bought it from Walmart online in late December so Im sure its still under warranty. This particular error, is it something myself or my daughter did ? Are we gonna be held responsible for damaging the thing...good lord, this is sooo nerve racking. I really appreciate your time.

It should have a warrenty that came with it. I doubt it is anything you or your daughter have done. Again, look at the definition of the error. The cause of the problem can be caused by numerous reasons.

Since you bought it from Walmart I am sure they will take good care of you. If you have the receipt I would take it back to my local Walmart first. It couldn't hurt. You may need to send it directly to HP but make sure you first contact HP tech support so that you get an RMA #, confirmation #, etc. Pack it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back