HTC's 7-inch Flyer tablet up for pre-order in the U.K.

By Jos
Apr 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. The HTC Flyer has gone up for pre-order at Carphone Warehouse, with the retailer announcing that the 3G version of the tablet will be available for £600. That works out to about $980 on the other side of the Atlantic. HTC will likely adjust pricing once it launches stateside to remain competitive, but for a for a 7-inch screened, single core device, running Android 2.4 instead of the tablet-optimized Honeycomb it still feels rather expensive. By comparison, the Apple iPad 2 with Wi-Fi + 3G is priced between £500 and £659 in the U.K., depending on storage capacity.

Read the whole story
  2. TrekExpert

TrekExpert TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 104

How is this even suppose to be competitive with other tablets? I was thinking this would be priced around $300 but $1000 is just plain ridicules. The Asus EEE Pad Transformer beats this table in every way for only $400. In addition it also has Honeycomb. I cant see HTC selling many tablets at this price.
  3. TekGun

TekGun TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 156   +11

I really like HTC's hardware, but yea £500-£600 that's to steep for me. Hopefully the actual release price will be a lot lower or there will be some good deals with a contract.
  4. I have always liked HTC but wow this is pricey. I don't like them that much...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.