I can't play downloaded games

sulfranc

I cant play any games on my computer like rumble fighters and other mmorpg games. I recently switched from windows xp to windows 7 and before i switched i could play any game i downloaded. So every time i start my game this standard vga adapter thing pops up.
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z357/sulfranc/Untitled.png
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/19/2011, 22:08:18
Machine name: JEFF-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-7312
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: n/a
Memory: 512MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 446MB RAM
Page File: 1223MB used, 247MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: VIA K8M800

Try to update to the latest DirectX version and also check if that you graphic driver are installed. Also what graphic card you use? Standard VGA adapter is onboard cards.

Try to update to the latest DirectX version and also check if that you graphic driver are installed. Also what graphic card you use? Standard VGA adapter is onboard cards.

I have the latest direct x and i dont know what graphic card i have

Ok you have an onboard graphic card then. Check in Device Manager if the onboard card driver is well installed

Ok... Then it may be a problem with your directx drivers or the card itself. Try uninstalling everything and reinstalling. Also is Windows Aero enable and working?

Ok... Then it may be a problem with your directx drivers or the card itself. Try uninstalling everything and reinstalling. Also is Windows Aero enable and working?

I realy dont have windows 7 aero i downloaded something that looks like windows aero. So no windows aero is not working and what to uninstall

"Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"

You need to install your graphics/video card driver. Your graphics card looks like an integrated (S3 Unichrome Pro IGP). You'll be hard pressed to play any recent, big-title 3D games with it and some games just won't flat out work. However, perhaps the games you play will be fine though.

You should be able to get it from your board manufacturer or simply Google it.

I think you're out of luck :( You are currently running with Windows 7 generic graphics driver and there is no W7 hardware specific driver for your graphics chip.

The way i see it...

1. Your directx shows it's a Via K8M800 chipset
Code:
Chip type: [B]VIA K8M800[/B]

2. The VIA FAQ says only generic graphics drivers for that chipset :(
Code:
Integrated Graphics
VIA has released Windows 7 drivers for the following chipsets:
VIA CN896, P4M900, VN896, VX800/820 series, VX855/VX875

Older chipsets can run Windows 7 using the default drivers built into Windows 7, but some graphical features of Windows 7 may not be supported.

Here's VIA's download site you check yourself

/* EDIT */
Oh. you can try the MSI site as well since they did the m/b. Looks like they have an automated tool... tho based on the info at the Via site... don't think they'll have it for W7 but never hurts to look

I think you're out of luck :( You are currently running with Windows 7 generic graphics driver and there is no W7 hardware specific driver for your graphics chip.

The way i see it...

1. Your directx shows it's a Via K8M800 chipset
Code:
Chip type: [B]VIA K8M800[/B]

2. The VIA FAQ says only generic graphics drivers for that chipset :(
Code:
Integrated Graphics
VIA has released Windows 7 drivers for the following chipsets:
VIA CN896, P4M900, VN896, VX800/820 series, VX855/VX875

Older chipsets can run Windows 7 using the default drivers built into Windows 7, but some graphical features of Windows 7 may not be supported.

Here's VIA's download site you check yourself

/* EDIT */
Oh. you can try the MSI site as well since they did the m/b. Looks like they have an automated tool... tho based on the info at the Via site... don't think they'll have it for W7 but never hurts to look

Thanks and thanks to all the website you gave me helped me fix the proplem

Thanks and thanks to all the website you gave me helped me fix the proplem
Really?? Wow. Glad you got it fixed (HK and I are both surprised :D but glad you did)

Which website? Do you recall the driver or d/l link? Am curious and the info may help others reading the thread sometime future

Really?? Wow. Glad you got it fixed (HK and I are both surprised :D but glad you did)

Which website? Do you recall the driver or d/l link? Am curious and the info may help others reading the thread sometime future

Since u said the directx shows it's a Via K8M800 chipset i went on the http:// VIA's download site and downloaded the windows xp instead of the windows 7 since i previously had windows xp ( but now i have windows 7) then i downloaded it and extracted the files the clicked the first application i saw then it rebooted my pc then i tried a game then it worked.

Back