IE7 crashes when loading Yahoo services

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev_olie

Hey
Just been doing some maintenance on my Dell inspiron 1501 running on XP Service pack 2 after a hard drive faliure a few months ago. I

• Updated flash player
    Installed IE7
    changed Windows logon and boot screen with Tune up utilities

I then went to check my email on Yahoo mail and found what ever i did what ever yahoo service i used it crashed?

I

• Turned of Phising
    Added yahoo mail to the alow list
    Ran CCleaner
    Undid changes to the login screen
    cleared cookies etc

I really dont know why it keeps crashing and have looked down every possible avenue. Any ideas

Suggest checking the Event Viewer for Error that corresponds to the crash:

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then paste (use CTRL-V) the event details here. It makes for easy reporting of the event-you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description-but paste all else.

You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

the Error will give us three pieces of information to help determine the cause.

Hey thanks for the reply,sorry ive taken a while but i kept getting an error message but i had error reporting disabled in Services. I have 2 errors in Applications

• Media centre scedule
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Media Center Scheduler
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 26/05/2008
Time: 14:33:00
User: N/A
Computer: KENNY
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Media Center Scheduler ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Guide load caused an exception..

• Media Centre scheduler
Event Source: Media Center Scheduler
Event ID: 0
Time: 14:32:53
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Media Center Scheduler ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Guide load caused an exception.

But under System there is a total of 44 errors!

Most of them are an event 7

Event Source: Disk
Event ID: 7
Time: 14:36:47
Description:
The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I think this may correspond best to the error seems to be around the closest time

Event Source: BROWSER
Event ID: 8032
Time: 14:37:14
Description:
The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{B93584FE-E597-4227-A867-6D51F95D8774}. The backup browser is stopping.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I hope thats all right and clear. Just to say about the code 7 one as of today (26th) my system has never logged one before..odd

:D

Event 7, Source: Disc, Desc: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/241684.htm

Event 8032, source: Browser, Desc: The backup browser is stopping.
Explanation from Event ID Net:
This computer is currently a backup browser. Backup browsers periodically retrieve the browse list from the master browser. This computer could not retrieve the browse list from the master browser five times consecutively.

The Browser 8021 event is usually logged when this event is logged. Possible causes include:
* Network outages,
* Name resolution problems,
* An overloaded master browser, or
* A master browser that is unavailable because, for example, it is shut down or has lost network connectivity.

This event usually indicates poor network health. If the backup browser cannot retrieve the browse list from the master browser, its list becomes stale and therefore unreliable, so it stops being a backup browser.

No action is needed unless you see this message on several different computers. This could indicate problems with the master browser.

This event may occur when File and Print Sharing is not installed or the master browser has multiple network interfaces. Having NetBEUI installed can also cause this error. (so unless you need it, remove NetBEUI)

Event ID0, Source: Media Center Scheduler, Desc: ( Media Center Scheduler ) cannot be found..
If this is logged, it probably means that the EPG downloader crashed during a download. Depending on the text of the message, take appropriate action (see if it maps to the text of any of the other errors); otherwise, try attempting download again, check for updates, or reinstall the product.

EPG Downloader: http://epgdownloader.sourceforge.net/

what exactly is the EPG downloader? and also non of the other PCs are reporting this error so that shuldnt be a porblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back