If i change the fsb jumpers on my mobo from 166mhz to 200mhz......

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes: Can anyone help me please, I have an Asrock k7s8x mobo, Athlon XP 2600+, 1024mb ram (ddr333-pc2700), the fsb jumpers have multiple settings, the thoroughbred amd has an 12.5 x 166 fsb setting (2083mhz) If i change the fsb jumpers on my mobo from 166mhz to 200mhz, would i be able to speed up my cpu without causing any problems ( 12.5 x 200 = 2500mhz ) would my cpu and memory be able to handle the extra speed? would this also interfere with my graphics card ( geforce fx 5700le 128mb ) **** newbie ***** as you might of guessed! any info would be greatfully recieved, before i go tinkering around. :blush:

Yes, that is one way of overclocking, but if it'll work is another matter.

Usually you increase your FSB in smaller steps to find out where the max frequency is, not jump 34Mhz...
But it could work if you ram up the vcore enough, though if you don't have good enough cooling, you'll fry your cpu..

I suggest doing a search of the boards and learn what we've told others before you venture into the realm of overclocking... If you're still interesting, and have any questions, ask again for more help. There should be plenty of threads detailing what to do and what you'll need to do it...

Also, any question about overclocking belongs in the Cooling and Modding forum!...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back